Inquest opens into death of ex-NoW reporter Sean Hoare
An inquest into the death of former News of the World showbusiness reporter Sean Hoare has been opened and adjourned by the Hertfordshire coroner.
Mr Hoare, 47, who claimed phone-hacking was rife at the paper, was found dead at his home in Watford on Monday.
A Hertfordshire County Council spokesman said the coroner was still waiting to receive histology and toxicology results.
Hertfordshire police has said the death was "non-suspicious".
It added there was also an "on-going examination of health problems" identified at the post mortem examination.
Mr Hoare's body was discovered after police were called to his home in Langley Road.
The journalist had worked on the Sun before being recruited by former News of the World (NoW) editor Andy Coulson to News International's Sunday title.
He was dismissed from the now-closed NoW because of his drink and drug problems.
Mr Hoare had previously told the BBC's Panorama programme that phone hacking was "endemic" at the Sunday tabloid.
When he first spoke out, he told Panorama the then NoW editor Andy Coulson had asked him to hack phones - something Mr Coulson, who went on to be Prime Minister David Cameron's press chief, has denied.
The former journalist was also interviewed by the New York Times last year in which he said hacking was far more extensive than the NoW acknowledged when police first investigated hacking claims in 2006.