Allergies

Two year old's life saving 999 call inspires mother's message

Jo Keeling from Bournemouth wants parents to teach their children how to call 999
Jo Keeling had her life saved by her two-year-old daughter. A decade on and she wants parents to educate their children on how to dial 999 and when it's right to do so. 

Jo emailed the show saying

'10 years ago I was home alone with my two young children and I had an anaphylactic shock. My daughter had been inadvertently taught to make a 999 call after a game of doctors and nurses and also watched an episode of the Tweenies about emergencies. When it happened the phone was in another room so I shouted for my daughter to bring it to me only she called 999 herself aged two and a half.'

Poole man who 'died for a few seconds' delighted by allergen law.

New allergen law would have prevented '20 years of hell' for Poole resident.
Steve Harris spoke to Stuart from Poole for reaction to the news that new legislation will require a full list of ingredients to be put on pre-packaged food. 

Natasha's Law hopes to prevent people suffering avoidable allergic reactions.

Stuart suffered a near fatal incident - when given a drink with lemon grass in it without labeling and 'died for a few seconds' when he was a teenager.