Almost half of Wales' 40 MPs will be selected from the south east part of the country.Read more
Cynon ValleyParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Ann Clwyd||Votes 19,404||header_vote_share 61.0||Net percentage change in seats +13.3|
|Keith Dewhurst||Votes 6,166||header_vote_share 19.4||Net percentage change in seats +7.3|
|Liz Walters||Votes 4,376||header_vote_share 13.8||Net percentage change in seats -3.1|
|Ian McLean||Votes 1,271||header_vote_share 4.0||Net percentage change in seats -12.3|
|Nicola Knight||Votes 585||header_vote_share 1.8||Net percentage change in seats -0.9|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
Voters in the Cynon Valley have put one MP into the record books tonight.
At the age of 80, Ann Clwyd has been re-elected and is now apparently the oldest woman ever to be elected to the House of Commons.
Labour stalwart Ann Clwyd is re-elected in Cynon Valley.
A UKIP candidate has suggested that no party getting an overall majority will mean yet another election is around the corner.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 14,532 total votes taken.
- 47.7% share of the total vote
- -4.8% change in share of the votes
- 5,126 total votes taken.
- 16.8% share of the total vote
- -3.5% change in share of the votes
- 4,976 total votes taken.
- 16.3% share of the total vote
- +13.0% change in share of the votes
- 3,676 total votes taken.
- 12.1% share of the total vote
- +2.0% change in share of the votes
- 830 total votes taken.
- 2.7% share of the total vote
- -11.1% change in share of the votes
- 799 total votes taken.
- 2.6% share of the total vote
- +2.6% change in share of the votes
- 533 total votes taken.
- 1.7% share of the total vote
- +1.7% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010