The Conservatives had targeted a number of Labour seats in north east Wales.Read more
Vale of ClwydParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Chris Ruane||Votes 19,423||header_vote_share 50.2||Net percentage change in seats +11.9|
|James Davies||Votes 17,044||header_vote_share 44.1||Net percentage change in seats +5.0|
|David Wyatt||Votes 1,551||header_vote_share 4.0||Net percentage change in seats -3.0|
|Gwyn Williams||Votes 666||header_vote_share 1.7||Net percentage change in seats -0.9|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
The moment each of the results were announced.
Labour has taken the Vale of Clwyd. Chris Ruane - who lost his seat in 2015 - won with 19,423 votes, to the incumbent Conservative James Davies 17,044 votes.
Labour's Chris Ruane takes the seat back from Conservative James Davies, who won the seat from him in 2015 after 18 years.
Is Labour's Chris Ruane writing his winning speech in this photo?
He had held the seat for 18 years before he lost it in the 2015 election to the Conservatives' James Davies.
But there are suggestions it will turn red again tonight.
Wales politics reporter
A senior Welsh Conservative source has told BBC Wales the party fears at least three losses - Gower, Vale of Clwyd and Cardiff North.
The source said two other seats - Aberconwy and Vale of Glamorgan were looking tight.
Asked if he thought the party was making any gains in Wales tonight, the source said: "No."
Turnouts for some seats in Wales are up compared to 2015.
Our reporters at the counts are saying:
- In Vale of Glamorgan, the turnout was 72.2% - up from 71% in 2015
- Torfaen 62.2% up from 61.4% in 2015
- Ogmore turnout 65.26%, up from 64%
- Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney 61%, a big jump from 2015 when it was 53%
- Vale of Clwyd 68% up from the last general election when it was 63%
- Wrexham turnout 70% up from 64.2 % in 2015
- 13,760 total votes taken.
- 39.0% share of the total vote
- +3.8% change in share of the votes
- 13,523 total votes taken.
- 38.4% share of the total vote
- -3.9% change in share of the votes
- 4,577 total votes taken.
- 13.0% share of the total vote
- +11.5% change in share of the votes
- 2,486 total votes taken.
- 7.1% share of the total vote
- +1.2% change in share of the votes
- 915 total votes taken.
- 2.6% share of the total vote
- -10.0% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010