Almost half of Wales' 40 MPs will be selected from the south east part of the country.Read more
Newport EastParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Jessica Morden||Votes 20,804||header_vote_share 56.5||Net percentage change in seats +15.8|
|Natasha Asghar||Votes 12,801||header_vote_share 34.8||Net percentage change in seats +7.5|
|Ian Gorman||Votes 1,180||header_vote_share 3.2||Net percentage change in seats -15.2|
|Pete Brown||Votes 966||header_vote_share 2.6||Net percentage change in seats -3.8|
|Cameron Wixcey||Votes 881||header_vote_share 2.4||Net percentage change in seats -1.1|
|Nadeem Ahmed||Votes 188||header_vote_share 0.5||Net percentage change in seats +0.5|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
Jessica Morden retains the seat for Labour.
The seat held by First Minister Carwyn Jones in the assembly is deemed "too close to call" in our general election forecast.
Following analysis of the exit poll, it's suggested that the Conservatives have a 23% chance of winning Bridgend. The seat has been targeted by the Tories, and Theresa May made a campaign visit here early in the campaign.
Newport East and West and Ynys Mon are also in the "too close to call" category".
In Ynys Mon, it's suggested that Plaid Cymru has a 32% chance of victory over Labour.
Analysis carried out by Prof John Curtice, of Strathclyde University, for BBC News
What do the residents of Downing Street, Newport, make of those vying for the keys to No 10?
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 14,290 total votes taken.
- 40.7% share of the total vote
- +3.7% change in share of the votes
- 9,585 total votes taken.
- 27.3% share of the total vote
- +4.3% change in share of the votes
- 6,466 total votes taken.
- 18.4% share of the total vote
- +16.5% change in share of the votes
- 2,251 total votes taken.
- 6.4% share of the total vote
- -25.8% change in share of the votes
- 1,231 total votes taken.
- 3.5% share of the total vote
- +1.4% change in share of the votes
- 887 total votes taken.
- 2.5% share of the total vote
- +2.5% change in share of the votes
- 398 total votes taken.
- 1.1% share of the total vote
- +0.8% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010