Name error thwarts a lifelong voter who witnessed the suffragette movement.Read more
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|David Davies||Votes 26,411||header_vote_share 53.1||Net percentage change in seats +3.2|
|Ruth Jones||Votes 18,205||header_vote_share 36.6||Net percentage change in seats +9.8|
|Veronica German||Votes 2,064||header_vote_share 4.2||Net percentage change in seats -1.1|
|Carole Damon||Votes 1,338||header_vote_share 2.7||Net percentage change in seats -1.3|
|Ian Chandler||Votes 954||header_vote_share 1.9||Net percentage change in seats -1.5|
|Roy Neale||Votes 762||header_vote_share 1.5||Net percentage change in seats -8.9|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
Her mother fought for women's votes - but 106-year-old Win Hawkins was turned away.
David TC Davies, who has been re-elected as MP for Monmouth, said Theresa May "maintains my confidence" and is the woman to lead Britain through the Brexit negotiations.
Reacting to a Welsh Conservative source suggesting that there should have been more of a Welsh campaign, Mr Davies told BBC Wales: "We don't know what the reason is.
"There is a mixed picture across the whole of the United Kingdom.
"You can't single Wales out and say it is any worse at the moment than anywhere else.
"I don't know what we would have done differently in Wales if we had been able to do things differently in Wales."
He said: "It's fair to say things have gone wrong. It's far too early to start thinking what they may be."
David Davies retains Monmouth for the Tories but has seen his majority cut.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 23,701 total votes taken.
- 49.9% share of the total vote
- +1.6% change in share of the votes
- 12,719 total votes taken.
- 26.8% share of the total vote
- +0.9% change in share of the votes
- 4,942 total votes taken.
- 10.4% share of the total vote
- +8.0% change in share of the votes
- 2,496 total votes taken.
- 5.3% share of the total vote
- -14.1% change in share of the votes
- 1,875 total votes taken.
- 4.0% share of the total vote
- +1.2% change in share of the votes
- 1,629 total votes taken.
- 3.4% share of the total vote
- +2.2% change in share of the votes
- 100 total votes taken.
- 0.2% share of the total vote
- +0.2% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010