The Conservatives' Byron Davies had won the Gower seat in 2015 by just 27 votes.Read more
Swansea EastParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Carolyn Harris||Votes 22,307||header_vote_share 63.4||Net percentage change in seats +10.5|
|Dan Boucher||Votes 9,139||header_vote_share 26.0||Net percentage change in seats +10.7|
|Steffan Phillips||Votes 1,689||header_vote_share 4.8||Net percentage change in seats -5.6|
|Clifford Johnson||Votes 1,040||header_vote_share 3.0||Net percentage change in seats -14.2|
|Charley Hasted||Votes 625||header_vote_share 1.8||Net percentage change in seats -2.4|
|Chris Evans||Votes 359||header_vote_share 1.0||Net percentage change in seats +1.0|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
Carolyn Harris, Shadow Minister for Home Affairs, has been re-elected as MP for Swansea East, which she was elected to at the last general election in May 2015.
More turnouts are coming in for Welsh constituencies, and so far all but one seat has seen an increase compared to the last general election.
- Swansea East - 60.17% up from 58% in 2015
- Swansea West - 65.7% up from 59.7% in 2015
- Delyn - 73% up from 69.9% in 2015
- Rhondda - 65.3% up from 60.9% in 2015
The exception to the rule so far is Cardiff North where turnout was 68.2%, down from 76.1% in 2015
Shadow Wales Office Minister Gerald Jones has said the jump in turnout could be down to young voters.
Brangwyn Hall where they're counting votes from Gower, Swansea W & Swansea E. Bit more glamorous than a leisure centre."
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 17,807 total votes taken.
- 53.0% share of the total vote
- +1.5% change in share of the votes
- 5,779 total votes taken.
- 17.2% share of the total vote
- +14.6% change in share of the votes
- 5,142 total votes taken.
- 15.3% share of the total vote
- +0.5% change in share of the votes
- 3,498 total votes taken.
- 10.4% share of the total vote
- +3.7% change in share of the votes
- 1,392 total votes taken.
- 4.1% share of the total vote
- -14.2% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010