The economy secretary admits there were "concerns" over the Alyn and Deeside by-election within Labour.
Alyn & DeesideParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Mark Tami||Votes 23,315||header_vote_share 52.1||Net percentage change in seats +12.1|
|Laura Knightly||Votes 18,080||header_vote_share 40.4||Net percentage change in seats +8.5|
|Jacqui Hurst||Votes 1,171||header_vote_share 2.6||Net percentage change in seats -1.3|
|David Griffiths||Votes 1,117||header_vote_share 2.5||Net percentage change in seats -15.1|
|Pete Williams||Votes 1,077||header_vote_share 2.4||Net percentage change in seats -1.8|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
Procedures went "badly wrong" in the lead-up to the death of AM Carl Sargeant amid groping allegations, MP says.
Mark Tami is pictured celebrating in Alyn and Deeside with his family and supporters following the result.
Mark Tami is re-elected for Labour.
There has been loud applause and cheers from the Labour camp gathered around a television at the count in Deeside.
Mark Tami, incumbent for Alun and Deeside, says if the party's sampling is correct, he has won too.
He said if things keep going their way in north east Wales, the party can "put the band back together".
The BBC has published a seat-by-seat results forecast. Based on analysis of the exit poll, professor of politics John Curtice and his team suggest that the Conservatives could win the following seats in Wales over the coming hours:
- Alyn and Deeside
- Clwyd South
The forecast doesn't suggest any gains for Labour in Wales.
It will be updated throughout the night.
- 16,540 total votes taken.
- 40.0% share of the total vote
- +0.4% change in share of the votes
- 13,197 total votes taken.
- 31.9% share of the total vote
- -0.3% change in share of the votes
- 7,260 total votes taken.
- 17.6% share of the total vote
- +15.0% change in share of the votes
- 1,733 total votes taken.
- 4.2% share of the total vote
- -14.1% change in share of the votes
- 1,608 total votes taken.
- 3.9% share of the total vote
- 0.0% change in share of the votes
- 976 total votes taken.
- 2.4% share of the total vote
- +2.4% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010