As the dust settles after the general election, who are the new MPs heading to Westminster from Scotland?Read more
Edinburgh WestParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Christine Jardine||Votes 18,108||header_vote_share 34.3||Net percentage change in seats +1.2|
Scottish National Party
|Toni Giugliano||Votes 15,120||header_vote_share 28.6||Net percentage change in seats -10.3|
|Sandy Batho||Votes 11,559||header_vote_share 21.9||Net percentage change in seats +9.6|
|Mandy Telford||Votes 7,876||header_vote_share 14.9||Net percentage change in seats +3.2|
Scotland's Independence Referendum Party
|Mark Whittet||Votes 132||header_vote_share 0.3||Net percentage change in seats +0.3|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LD majority
Lib Dem MP for Edinburgh West, Christine Jardine said: "We've been away for a wee while but the Scottish Liberal Democrats are back."
"Theresa May and her government will have to go away and think again. We do not want your austerity any more than we want Nicola's independence"
Christine Jardine took Edinburgh West from the SNP, mirroring the result in the corresponding Holyrood race in 2016.
Lib Dem Alex Cole Hamilton says his party has "comfortably won" Edinburgh West.
- 21,378 total votes taken.
- 39.0% share of the total vote
- +25.8% change in share of the votes
- 18,168 total votes taken.
- 33.1% share of the total vote
- -2.8% change in share of the votes
- 6,732 total votes taken.
- 12.3% share of the total vote
- -10.9% change in share of the votes
- 6,425 total votes taken.
- 11.7% share of the total vote
- -16.0% change in share of the votes
- 1,140 total votes taken.
- 2.1% share of the total vote
- +2.1% change in share of the votes
- 1,015 total votes taken.
- 1.9% share of the total vote
- +1.9% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010