Air support unit is called after stones are thrown at police dealing with anti-social behaviour.Read more
Belfast NorthParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
Democratic Unionist Party
|Nigel Dodds||Votes 21,240||header_vote_share 46.2||Net percentage change in seats -0.8|
|John Finucane||Votes 19,159||header_vote_share 41.7||Net percentage change in seats +7.8|
|Sam Nelson||Votes 2,475||header_vote_share 5.4||Net percentage change in seats -1.9|
Social Democratic & Labour Party
|Martin McAuley||Votes 2,058||header_vote_share 4.5||Net percentage change in seats -3.7|
|Malachai O'Hara||Votes 644||header_vote_share 1.4||Net percentage change in seats +1.4|
|Gemma Weir||Votes 360||header_vote_share 0.8||Net percentage change in seats -1.5|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and DUP majority
For the first time ever the DUP now holds three out of four Belfast constituencies.
Gavin Robinson and Nigel Dodds were both returned for Belfast East and North, while Emma Little-Pengelly snatched Belfast South from the SDLP's Alasdair McDonnell.
Nigel Dodds has been returned to Westminster to serve as MP for Belfast North. The Deputy leader of the DUP has held the seat since 2001.
Nigel Dodds becomes the next DUP incumbent to hold onto their seat.
Here are the final turnout figures for Northern Ireland - up across the board on the 2015 numbers.
It's 1am and results are expected shortly from a couple of count centres.
Here's a look at where the parties stood in terms of seats back in 2015 - not long now before we find out who will be back in Westminster.
Pop the kettle on...
- 19,096 total votes taken.
- 47.0% share of the total vote
- +7.0% change in share of the votes
- 13,770 total votes taken.
- 33.9% share of the total vote
- -0.1% change in share of the votes
- 3,338 total votes taken.
- 8.2% share of the total vote
- -4.1% change in share of the votes
- 2,941 total votes taken.
- 7.2% share of the total vote
- +2.4% change in share of the votes
- 919 total votes taken.
- 2.3% share of the total vote
- +2.3% change in share of the votes
- 529 total votes taken.
- 1.3% share of the total vote
- +1.3% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010