The motion is triggered by two colleagues allegedly turning up "smelling of alcohol" in December.Read more
South RibbleParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Seema Kennedy||Votes 28,980||header_vote_share 52.9||Net percentage change in seats +6.4|
|Julie Gibson||Votes 21,559||header_vote_share 39.3||Net percentage change in seats +4.2|
|John Wright||Votes 2,073||header_vote_share 3.8||Net percentage change in seats -0.6|
|Mark Smith||Votes 1,387||header_vote_share 2.5||Net percentage change in seats -11.6|
|Andrew Wight||Votes 494||header_vote_share 0.9||Net percentage change in seats +0.9|
National Health Action
|Mark Jarnell||Votes 341||header_vote_share 0.6||Net percentage change in seats +0.6|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
Councillors in South Ribble have voted to reconsider a decision to limit the number of dogs that can be walked by one person.
South Ribble Borough Council decided to reduce the maximum number of dogs allowed under one person to four dogs, saying it would combat dog fouling and increase public safety.
However, campaigners opposed to the measures had gathered more than 1,700 signatures on a petition.
The decision to reconsider was unanimously approved at a scrutiny committee last night.
- A Stockport legal clerk who siphoned more than £300,000 from her employers is jailed for four years
- The body of a Birkenhead man, who was killed fighting so-called Islamic State, is to be repatriated later
- Chorley Council is asking for £11.5m in compensation if a new retail development on land in South Ribble is given the go ahead
Incumbent Tory Seema Kennedy bucks the national trend and increases her majority over Labour, albeit slightly.
She won 28,980 votes, compared with 21,559 for Labour's Julie Gibson
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 24,313 total votes taken.
- 46.4% share of the total vote
- +1.0% change in share of the votes
- 18,368 total votes taken.
- 35.1% share of the total vote
- +0.4% change in share of the votes
- 7,377 total votes taken.
- 14.1% share of the total vote
- +10.4% change in share of the votes
- 2,312 total votes taken.
- 4.4% share of the total vote
- -9.7% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010