Redcar MP Anna Turley was admitted to hospital in June and has been ordered to rest until 2018.Read more
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Anna Turley||Votes 23,623||header_vote_share 55.5||Net percentage change in seats +11.6|
|Peter Gibson||Votes 14,138||header_vote_share 33.2||Net percentage change in seats +17.0|
|Josh Mason||Votes 2,849||header_vote_share 6.7||Net percentage change in seats -11.8|
|Chris Gallacher||Votes 1,950||header_vote_share 4.6||Net percentage change in seats -13.8|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
Redcar MP Anna Turley says she has been signed off work by doctors until the new year as she is being treated for infected cysts.
The Labour MP had to have emergency treatment a few months ago and has now undergone major surgery to remove the affected tissue.
Ms Turley told The Gazette her office is open for any of her constituents needs and her absence from Westminster will not affect any votes.
BBC Local Live
Redcar MP Anna Turley has welcomed news that the Government plans to impose sentences of up to five years in prison to people who commit the most serious animal cruelty.
Counting has begun in Redcar but the result is not expected until 03:00.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 17,946 total votes taken.
- 43.9% share of the total vote
- +11.1% change in share of the votes
- 7,558 total votes taken.
- 18.5% share of the total vote
- -26.7% change in share of the votes
- 7,516 total votes taken.
- 18.4% share of the total vote
- +13.9% change in share of the votes
- 6,630 total votes taken.
- 16.2% share of the total vote
- +2.4% change in share of the votes
- 880 total votes taken.
- 2.2% share of the total vote
- +2.2% change in share of the votes
- 389 total votes taken.
- 1.0% share of the total vote
- +1.0% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010