Conservative-supporting constituencies have the most signatures in favour of Donald Trump's visit.Read more
Rayleigh & WickfordParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Mark Francois||Votes 36,914||header_vote_share 66.7||Net percentage change in seats +12.1|
|Mark Daniels||Votes 13,464||header_vote_share 24.3||Net percentage change in seats +11.7|
|Peter Smith||Votes 2,326||header_vote_share 4.2||Net percentage change in seats -18.1|
|Ron Tindall||Votes 1,557||header_vote_share 2.8||Net percentage change in seats -0.2|
|Paul Hill||Votes 1,062||header_vote_share 1.9||Net percentage change in seats -1.0|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
It's been a big night for many across Essex and the east of England - here's how other media outlets have been covering the stories:
- Conservative hold for Colchester and Harwich and north Essex seats, East Anglian Daily Times
- Tories romp home in Rayleigh and Wickford after record turnout, Echo
- Conservatives hold Colchester seat as Will Quince re-elected as MP with 5,800 majority, Gazette
- Tory Jackie Doyle-Price makes it three Thurrock election wins on the spin by just 345 votes, Thurrock Gazette
Mark Francois has held the seat of Rayleigh and Wickford for the Conservatives. We'll bring you the exact voting numbers shortly.
With all the general election 2017 candidates' nominations papers in, we've collected together links to where you can find full information from the returning officers in the 18 Essex constituencies:
- Basildon and Billericay
- Castle Point
- Epping Forest
- Harwich and North Essex
- Rayleigh and Wickford
- Rochford and Southend East
- Saffron Walden
- South Basildon and East Thurrock
- Southend West
The election takes place on Thursday, 8 June.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 29,088 total votes taken.
- 54.7% share of the total vote
- -3.1% change in share of the votes
- 11,858 total votes taken.
- 22.3% share of the total vote
- +18.1% change in share of the votes
- 6,705 total votes taken.
- 12.6% share of the total vote
- -1.9% change in share of the votes
- 2,418 total votes taken.
- 4.5% share of the total vote
- +4.5% change in share of the votes
- 1,622 total votes taken.
- 3.0% share of the total vote
- -12.1% change in share of the votes
- 1,529 total votes taken.
- 2.9% share of the total vote
- +2.9% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010