The Daily Politics
New Forest WestParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Desmond Swayne||Votes 33,170||header_vote_share 66.8||Net percentage change in seats +6.9|
|Jo Graham||Votes 9,739||header_vote_share 19.6||Net percentage change in seats +8.8|
|Terry Scriven||Votes 4,781||header_vote_share 9.6||Net percentage change in seats +2.7|
|Janet Richards||Votes 1,454||header_vote_share 2.9||Net percentage change in seats -2.9|
|Des Hjerling||Votes 483||header_vote_share 1.0||Net percentage change in seats +1.0|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
BBC Radio 5 live
A Tory MP who appeared to fall asleep in the House of Commons has said he is embarrassed and "annoyed" with himself.
Sir Desmond Swayne, who nodded off during a speech by colleague Ken Clarke, said the image of him with his head on his shoulder was "horrible".
In his defence, he told BBC 5 Live he had had a "very long day", having been up swimming in London at 05:30 GMT.
Sir Desmond Swayne seems very relaxed during his colleague's speech on the EU Withdrawal Bill.
- Aldershot: Conservative, Leo Docherty, 26,955 votes
- Basingstoke: Conservative, Maria Miller, 29,510 votes
- Eastleigh: Conservative, Mims Davies, 28,889 votes
- Fareham: Conservative, Suella Fernandes, 35,915 votes
- Gosport: Conservative, Caroline Dinenage, 30,647 votes
- Hampshire East: Conservative, Damian Hinds, 35,263 votes
- Hampshire North East: Conservative, Ranil Jayawardena, 37,754 votes
- Hampshire North West: Conservative, Kit Malthouse, 36,471 votes
- Havant: Conservative, Alan Mak, 27,676 votes
- Isle of Wight: Conservative, Bob Seely, 38,190 votes
- Meon Valley: Conservative, George Hollingbery, 35,624 votes
- New Forest East: Conservative, Julian Lewis, 32,162 votes
- New Forest West: Conservative, Desmond Swayne, 33,170 votes
- Portsmouth North: Conservative, Penny Mordaunt, 25,860 votes
- Portsmouth South: Labour, Stephen Morgan, 18,290 votes
- Romsey and Southampton North: Conservative, Caroline Nokes, 28,668 votes
- Southampton Itchen: Conservative, Royston Smith, 21,773 votes
- Southampton Test: Labour, Alan Whitehead, 27,509 votes
- Winchester: Conservative, Steve Brine, 29,729 votes
Full England results breakdown here.
Reporter, BBC Radio Solent
Counting underway at Applemore Leisure Centre in Hythe for the New Forest East and West constituencies.
There's been a lot happen across the south of England in the six weeks since the snap 2017 General Election was called.
The Green party and UKIP have entered into political alliances in Hampshire.
UKIP has said it is not standing in New Forest East or West constituencies to assist the Conservatives.
The Greens have stepped aside in Southampton Test to help Labour.
The New Forest East and West seats are currently held by the Tories and Labour holds the Southampton Test seat.
Nominations have now closed for prospective parliamentary candidates for the election on 8 June.
Here is a list of candidates for each constituency:
New Forest East:
- David Harrison, Liberal Democrats
- Julian Lewis, Conservatives
- Henry Mellor, Greens
- Julie Renyard, Labour
New Forest West:
- Jo Graham, Labour
- Des Hjerling, Pirate Party UK
- Janet Richards, Greens
- Terry Scriven, Liberal Democrats
- Demond Swayne, Conservatives
- Thomas Gravatt, Lib Dems
- Paul Holmes, Conservatives
- Keith Morrel, Independent
- Andrew Pope, Southampton Independents
- Alan Whitehead, Labour
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 28,420 total votes taken.
- 59.9% share of the total vote
- +1.1% change in share of the votes
- 7,816 total votes taken.
- 16.5% share of the total vote
- +10.6% change in share of the votes
- 5,133 total votes taken.
- 10.8% share of the total vote
- +1.0% change in share of the votes
- 3,293 total votes taken.
- 6.9% share of the total vote
- -16.4% change in share of the votes
- 2,748 total votes taken.
- 5.8% share of the total vote
- +3.6% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010