Labour came second "for the first time in many years" in Dorset North.Read more
Dorset Mid & Poole NorthParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Michael Tomlinson||Votes 28,585||header_vote_share 59.2||Net percentage change in seats +8.4|
|Vikki Slade||Votes 13,246||header_vote_share 27.5||Net percentage change in seats -0.7|
|Steve Brew||Votes 6,423||header_vote_share 13.3||Net percentage change in seats +7.4|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
The Conservative candidates elected are:
- Bournemouth East - Tobias Ellwood, 25,221 votes
- Bournemouth West - Conor Burns, 23,812 votes
- Christchurch - Christopher Chope, 35,230 votes
- Dorset Mid and Poole North - Michael Tomlinson, 28,888 votes
- Dorset North - Simon Hoare, 36,169 votes
- Dorset South - Richard Drax, 29,135 votes
- Dorset West - Oliver Letwin, 33,081 votes
- Poole - Robert Syms, 28,888 votes
There's been a lot happen across the south of England in the six weeks since the snap 2017 General Election was called.
The Green party has said it will not stand in a Dorset constituency as part of a political pact with the Liberal Democrats to take the seat from the Conservatives in the general election on 8 June.
The party has stepped aside in Mid Dorset and North Poole.
Vikki Slade is the prospective parliamentary candidate for the Lib Dems in that constituency.
The other candidates are Michael Tomlinson for the Tories and Labour's Steve Brew.
- 23,639 total votes taken.
- 50.8% share of the total vote
- +6.3% change in share of the votes
- 13,109 total votes taken.
- 28.2% share of the total vote
- -16.9% change in share of the votes
- 5,663 total votes taken.
- 12.2% share of the total vote
- +7.7% change in share of the votes
- 2,767 total votes taken.
- 6.0% share of the total vote
- +0.1% change in share of the votes
- 1,321 total votes taken.
- 2.8% share of the total vote
- +2.8% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010