A highly potent strain of the illegal drug Spice is said to have returned to Manchester, and to be causing devastation and even deaths among the city's homeless community. Spice was banned in May 2016 - but critics say the ban hasn't made it any harder to get hold of - instead it has put it into the hands of drug dealers. Our reporter John Owen has spent some time in Manchester.
Manchester CentralParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Lucy Powell||Votes 38,490||header_vote_share 77.4||Net percentage change in seats +16.1|
|Xingang Wang||Votes 7,045||header_vote_share 14.2||Net percentage change in seats +0.6|
|John Bridges||Votes 1,678||header_vote_share 3.4||Net percentage change in seats -0.7|
|Kalvin Chapman||Votes 1,469||header_vote_share 3.0||Net percentage change in seats -8.1|
|Rachael Shah||Votes 846||header_vote_share 1.7||Net percentage change in seats -6.8|
|Neil Blackburn||Votes 192||header_vote_share 0.4||Net percentage change in seats -0.4|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
Labour's Manchester Central MP Lucy Powell said she was "really glad" she was wrong about Corbyn.
Labour's Lucy Powell has held on to the Manchester Central seat with 38,490.
The Conservatives Xingang Wang come second with 7,045.
Ms Powell increased her majority by 9,806.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 27,772 total votes taken.
- 61.3% share of the total vote
- +8.5% change in share of the votes
- 6,133 total votes taken.
- 13.5% share of the total vote
- +1.7% change in share of the votes
- 5,033 total votes taken.
- 11.1% share of the total vote
- +9.6% change in share of the votes
- 3,838 total votes taken.
- 8.5% share of the total vote
- +6.2% change in share of the votes
- 1,867 total votes taken.
- 4.1% share of the total vote
- -22.5% change in share of the votes
- 346 total votes taken.
- 0.8% share of the total vote
- +0.8% change in share of the votes
- 270 total votes taken.
- 0.6% share of the total vote
- +0.6% change in share of the votes
- 72 total votes taken.
- 0.2% share of the total vote
- +0.2% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010