Joanne Platt holds the Leigh seat for Labour, which was recently vacated by Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham.
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Joanne Platt||Votes 26,347||header_vote_share 56.2||Net percentage change in seats +2.3|
|James Grundy||Votes 16,793||header_vote_share 35.8||Net percentage change in seats +13.2|
|Mark Bradley||Votes 2,783||header_vote_share 5.9||Net percentage change in seats -13.8|
|Richard Kilpatrick||Votes 951||header_vote_share 2.0||Net percentage change in seats -0.5|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
We may be about to get the North West of England's first result...
A declaration in former Labour minister Andy Burnham's old seat of Leigh in Greater Manchester could be declared within the next few minutes.
Mr Burnham stood down earlier this year to become Greater Manchester's Mayor... Joanne Platt will be hoping to retain the safe Labour seat, defending a majority of more than 14,000.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 24,312 total votes taken.
- 53.9% share of the total vote
- +5.8% change in share of the votes
- 10,216 total votes taken.
- 22.6% share of the total vote
- +1.7% change in share of the votes
- 8,903 total votes taken.
- 19.7% share of the total vote
- +16.3% change in share of the votes
- 1,150 total votes taken.
- 2.5% share of the total vote
- -15.6% change in share of the votes
- 542 total votes taken.
- 1.2% share of the total vote
- +1.2% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010