BBC News looks at the winners and losers of a dramatic night.Read more
Leeds North WestParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Alex Sobel||Votes 20,416||header_vote_share 44.1||Net percentage change in seats +14.0|
|Greg Mulholland||Votes 16,192||header_vote_share 35.0||Net percentage change in seats -1.8|
|Alan Lamb||Votes 9,097||header_vote_share 19.7||Net percentage change in seats +1.0|
|Martin Hemingway||Votes 582||header_vote_share 1.3||Net percentage change in seats -5.8|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
One of the victims of the general election was Lib Dem Greg Mulholland.
His old constituency of Leeds North West saw a huge swing to Labour of 14%.
But he's not letting that affect him.
He's already changed his Twitter profile to change his job to "singer-songwriter":
West Yorkshire's general election results show it was Labour's night. It's increased its number of seats from 14 to 17.
The Conservatives lost two, meaning they now have five and West Yorkshire's only Liberal Democrat MP, Greg Mulholland, was pushed into second place by Alex Sobel for Labour.
Mr Mulholland says calling an election was a "cynical" move that's backfired and thinks Theresa May should resign:
Liberal Democrat Greg Mulholland, who lost his Leeds North West seat to Labour, has tweeted this:
Labour's Alex Sobel has taken Leeds North West which was previously held by Liberal Democrats' Greg Mulholland (pictured below).
Reporter BBC Look North
Spotted this on the wall of Leeds Town Hall good advice for our future MPs perhaps!
- 15,948 total votes taken.
- 36.8% share of the total vote
- -10.7% change in share of the votes
- 13,041 total votes taken.
- 30.1% share of the total vote
- +9.1% change in share of the votes
- 8,083 total votes taken.
- 18.6% share of the total vote
- -7.9% change in share of the votes
- 3,042 total votes taken.
- 7.0% share of the total vote
- +5.8% change in share of the votes
- 2,997 total votes taken.
- 6.9% share of the total vote
- +5.5% change in share of the votes
- 143 total votes taken.
- 0.3% share of the total vote
- +0.3% change in share of the votes
- 79 total votes taken.
- 0.2% share of the total vote
- -0.1% change in share of the votes
- 24 total votes taken.
- 0.1% share of the total vote
- +0.1% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010