The floating Stockholm duck house became emblematic of the MPs' expenses scandal.Read more
- Votes: 32,226
- Vote share %: 66.5
- Vote share change: +4.6
- Votes: 8,948
- Vote share %: 18.5
- Vote share change: -8.7
Liberal DemocratMartin Pepper
- Votes: 5,473
- Vote share %: 11.3
- Vote share change: +6.6
- Votes: 1,806
- Vote share %: 3.7
- Vote share change: +1.7
Change compared with 2017
- CON majority: 23,278
- Registered voters: 73,541
- Change since 2017: -0.9
Find a constituency
Caroline Dinenage has been re-elected as the MP for Gosport, with an increased majority.
The Conservative candidate beat Labour's Tom Chatwin by 23,278 votes, 6,067 more votes than the majority at the 2017 election.
Martin Pepper of the Liberal Democrats came third and the Green Party's Zoe Aspinall came fourth.
Voter turnout was down by 0.9 percentage points since the last general election.
More than 48,000 people, roughly two-thirds of those eligible to vote, went to polling stations across the area on Thursday, in the first December general election since 1923.
One of the four candidates, Zoe Aspinall (Green) lost her £500 deposit after failing to win 5% of the vote.
This story was created using some automation.
Caroline Dinenage has held Gosport for the Conservatives.
- Aldershot: Conservative, Leo Docherty, 26,955 votes
- Basingstoke: Conservative, Maria Miller, 29,510 votes
- Eastleigh: Conservative, Mims Davies, 28,889 votes
- Fareham: Conservative, Suella Fernandes, 35,915 votes
- Gosport: Conservative, Caroline Dinenage, 30,647 votes
- Hampshire East: Conservative, Damian Hinds, 35,263 votes
- Hampshire North East: Conservative, Ranil Jayawardena, 37,754 votes
- Hampshire North West: Conservative, Kit Malthouse, 36,471 votes
- Havant: Conservative, Alan Mak, 27,676 votes
- Isle of Wight: Conservative, Bob Seely, 38,190 votes
- Meon Valley: Conservative, George Hollingbery, 35,624 votes
- New Forest East: Conservative, Julian Lewis, 32,162 votes
- New Forest West: Conservative, Desmond Swayne, 33,170 votes
- Portsmouth North: Conservative, Penny Mordaunt, 25,860 votes
- Portsmouth South: Labour, Stephen Morgan, 18,290 votes
- Romsey and Southampton North: Conservative, Caroline Nokes, 28,668 votes
- Southampton Itchen: Conservative, Royston Smith, 21,773 votes
- Southampton Test: Labour, Alan Whitehead, 27,509 votes
- Winchester: Conservative, Steve Brine, 29,729 votes
Full England results breakdown here.
This is the scene in Gosport as counting gets underway.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June: