Helen Whately said there had been moments when she had "felt under threat"Read more
Faversham & Mid KentParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Helen Whately||Votes 30,390||header_vote_share 61.1||Net percentage change in seats +6.7|
|Michael Desmond||Votes 12,977||header_vote_share 26.1||Net percentage change in seats +9.9|
|David Naghi||Votes 3,249||header_vote_share 6.5||Net percentage change in seats -0.1|
|Mark McGiffin||Votes 1,702||header_vote_share 3.4||Net percentage change in seats -14.6|
|Alastair Gould||Votes 1,431||header_vote_share 2.9||Net percentage change in seats -1.0|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
The Conservative MP for Faversham and Mid Kent has revealed that she has received a death threat.
Helen Whately said there had been "moments when I've felt under threat".
"I have had to complain to the police about some of the comments and particularly a death threat that I received," she told BBC South East.
"Because of what happened to Jo Cox you do have to take threats seriously," the MP, who was elected in the 2015 general election, added.
Ms Whately was speaking after it had been revealed that she had to pull out of opening a summer music festival at Sheldwich Primary School, in Faversham, because of threats posted on social media.
"I was asked not to go because there'd been some unpleasant comments on Facebook, and particularly threats that some people were going to come along and, I think, throw eggs, and they didn't want a disturbance at the school.
"I went along afterwards rather than at the beginning," she said.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 24,895 total votes taken.
- 54.4% share of the total vote
- -1.8% change in share of the votes
- 8,243 total votes taken.
- 18.0% share of the total vote
- +14.3% change in share of the votes
- 7,403 total votes taken.
- 16.2% share of the total vote
- -0.4% change in share of the votes
- 3,039 total votes taken.
- 6.6% share of the total vote
- -13.0% change in share of the votes
- 1,768 total votes taken.
- 3.9% share of the total vote
- +2.0% change in share of the votes
- 297 total votes taken.
- 0.6% share of the total vote
- -0.2% change in share of the votes
- 158 total votes taken.
- 0.3% share of the total vote
- +0.3% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010