Stephen Morgan bucks the national trend for Labour as no seats change hands in Hampshire.Read more
- Votes: 36,459
- Vote share %: 63.7
- Vote share change: +0.7
- Votes: 10,373
- Vote share %: 18.1
- Vote share change: -7.1
Liberal DemocratMatthew Winnington
- Votes: 8,006
- Vote share %: 14.0
- Vote share change: +7.2
- Votes: 2,412
- Vote share %: 4.2
- Vote share change: +1.9
Change compared with 2017
- CON majority: 26,086
- Registered voters: 78,337
- Change since 2017: +0.8
Find a constituency
Suella Braverman has been re-elected MP for Fareham, holding the seat with an increased majority.
The Conservative MP beat Labour's Matthew Randall by 26,086 votes - up on her 21,555 vote majority in the 2017 general election.
Matthew Winnington of the Liberal Democrats came third and the Green Party's Nick Lyle came fourth.
Voter turnout was up by 0.8 percentage points since the last general election.
More than 57,000 people, nearly three-quarters of those eligible to vote, went to polling stations across the area on Thursday, in the first December general election since 1923.
One of the four candidates, Nick Lyle (Green) lost his £500 deposit after failing to win 5% of the vote.
This story was created using some automation.
Suella Braverman has held Fareham for the Conservatives.
Speaking at the count at the Ferneham hall in Fareham, Conservative Suella Braverman said the broadcasters' exit poll predicting a big win for the Tories is “very encouraging”.
She is defending a majority of 21,555 in Fareham.
We’ve had a good campaign here in Fareham. I’ve been struck by the positive response, in particular from people who have quietly whispered in my ear saying ‘Suella, I’ve voted Labour all my life but we need to get Brexit done, and I cannot let Jeremy Corbyn in to Number 10’ – it was remarkable how frequently I came across that message.
- Aldershot: Conservative, Leo Docherty, 26,955 votes
- Basingstoke: Conservative, Maria Miller, 29,510 votes
- Eastleigh: Conservative, Mims Davies, 28,889 votes
- Fareham: Conservative, Suella Fernandes, 35,915 votes
- Gosport: Conservative, Caroline Dinenage, 30,647 votes
- Hampshire East: Conservative, Damian Hinds, 35,263 votes
- Hampshire North East: Conservative, Ranil Jayawardena, 37,754 votes
- Hampshire North West: Conservative, Kit Malthouse, 36,471 votes
- Havant: Conservative, Alan Mak, 27,676 votes
- Isle of Wight: Conservative, Bob Seely, 38,190 votes
- Meon Valley: Conservative, George Hollingbery, 35,624 votes
- New Forest East: Conservative, Julian Lewis, 32,162 votes
- New Forest West: Conservative, Desmond Swayne, 33,170 votes
- Portsmouth North: Conservative, Penny Mordaunt, 25,860 votes
- Portsmouth South: Labour, Stephen Morgan, 18,290 votes
- Romsey and Southampton North: Conservative, Caroline Nokes, 28,668 votes
- Southampton Itchen: Conservative, Royston Smith, 21,773 votes
- Southampton Test: Labour, Alan Whitehead, 27,509 votes
- Winchester: Conservative, Steve Brine, 29,729 votes
Full England results breakdown here.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June: