Three seats were gained by Labour, two from the Conservatives and one from the Liberal Democrats.Read more
Colne ValleyParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Thelma Walker||Votes 28,818||header_vote_share 47.7||Net percentage change in seats +12.7|
|Jason McCartney||Votes 27,903||header_vote_share 46.2||Net percentage change in seats +1.7|
|Cahal Burke||Votes 2,494||header_vote_share 4.1||Net percentage change in seats -1.9|
|Sonia King||Votes 892||header_vote_share 1.5||Net percentage change in seats -1.9|
|Patricia Sadio||Votes 313||header_vote_share 0.5||Net percentage change in seats +0.5|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
Conservative Jason McCartney has tweeted after losing his Colne Valley seat in Huddersfield.
The MP, who at the start of the evening was relatively safe, lost the constituency to Labour with a 5.5% swing.
Labour's Thelma Walker takes Colne Valley with a majority of just 915. She defeated the sitting Conservative Jason McCartney (pictured below).
BBC Radio Leeds
Clearly BBC Radio Leeds' Nick Ahad is having a tough night in Huddersfield.
BBC Radio Leeds
I am playing a little game of how long I can resist my prawn salad to keep things interesting here in Huddersfield tonight.
We're still waiting for the results for the Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Batley and Spen and Colne Valley seats.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 25,246 total votes taken.
- 44.4% share of the total vote
- +7.5% change in share of the votes
- 19,868 total votes taken.
- 35.0% share of the total vote
- +8.6% change in share of the votes
- 5,734 total votes taken.
- 10.1% share of the total vote
- +8.0% change in share of the votes
- 3,407 total votes taken.
- 6.0% share of the total vote
- -22.2% change in share of the votes
- 1,919 total votes taken.
- 3.4% share of the total vote
- +1.8% change in share of the votes
- 572 total votes taken.
- 1.0% share of the total vote
- +1.0% change in share of the votes
- 54 total votes taken.
- 0.1% share of the total vote
- +0.1% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010