Ministers are urged to listen to local residents' concerns and toughen compliance rules.Read more
- Votes: 29,593
- Vote share %: 54.1
- Vote share change: +1.4
- Votes: 15,395
- Vote share %: 28.1
- Vote share change: -7.7
Liberal DemocratSashi Mylvaganam
- Votes: 6,841
- Vote share %: 12.5
- Vote share change: +6.4
- Votes: 2,138
- Vote share %: 3.9
- Vote share change: +1.9
- Votes: 746
- Vote share %: 1.4
- Vote share change: +1.4
Change compared with 2017
- CON majority: 14,198
- Registered voters: 82,928
- Change since 2017: -2.4
Find a constituency
Maria Miller has been re-elected as the MP for Basingstoke, with an increased majority.
The Conservative candidate beat Labour's Kerena Marchant by 14,198 votes, 4,732 more votes than the majority at the 2017 election.
Sashi Mylvaganam of the Liberal Democrats came third and the Green Party's Jonathan Jenkin came fourth.
Voter turnout was down by 2.4 percentage points since the last general election.
Nearly 55,000 people, roughly two-thirds of those eligible to vote, went to polling stations across the area on Thursday, in the first December general election since 1923.
Two of the five candidates, Jonathan Jenkin (Green) and Alan Stone (independent) lost their £500 deposits after failing to win 5% of the vote.
This story was created using some automation.
Conservative Maria Miller holds Basingstoke.
- Aldershot: Conservative, Leo Docherty, 26,955 votes
- Basingstoke: Conservative, Maria Miller, 29,510 votes
- Eastleigh: Conservative, Mims Davies, 28,889 votes
- Fareham: Conservative, Suella Fernandes, 35,915 votes
- Gosport: Conservative, Caroline Dinenage, 30,647 votes
- Hampshire East: Conservative, Damian Hinds, 35,263 votes
- Hampshire North East: Conservative, Ranil Jayawardena, 37,754 votes
- Hampshire North West: Conservative, Kit Malthouse, 36,471 votes
- Havant: Conservative, Alan Mak, 27,676 votes
- Isle of Wight: Conservative, Bob Seely, 38,190 votes
- Meon Valley: Conservative, George Hollingbery, 35,624 votes
- New Forest East: Conservative, Julian Lewis, 32,162 votes
- New Forest West: Conservative, Desmond Swayne, 33,170 votes
- Portsmouth North: Conservative, Penny Mordaunt, 25,860 votes
- Portsmouth South: Labour, Stephen Morgan, 18,290 votes
- Romsey and Southampton North: Conservative, Caroline Nokes, 28,668 votes
- Southampton Itchen: Conservative, Royston Smith, 21,773 votes
- Southampton Test: Labour, Alan Whitehead, 27,509 votes
- Winchester: Conservative, Steve Brine, 29,729 votes
Full England results breakdown here.
Digital Editor, BBC South
Here is the latest snapshot of the situation in Hampshire.
- Aldershot - Conservative hold
- Basingstoke - Not declared
- Eastleigh - Conservative hold
- Fareham - Conservative hold
- Gosport - Conservative hold
- Hampshire North East - not declared
- Hampshire North West - Conservative hold
- Havant - Conservative hold
- Isle of Wight - Conservative hold
- Meon Valley - Conservative hold
- New Forest East - Conservative hold
- New Forest West - Conservative hold
- Portsmouth South - Labour gain
- Portsmouth North - Conservative hold
- Romsey and Southampton North - Conservative hold
- Southampton Itchen - Not declared (has had two recounts)
- Southampton Test - Not declared
- Winchester - Conservative hold
There's been a lot happen across the south of England in the six weeks since the snap 2017 General Election was called.