10 things we didn't know last week
1. The speed Batman reaches while gliding through the air would probably kill him on landing.
2. An Australian rodent is probably the first mammal to be wiped out by man-made climate change.
3. The sun has "stolen" planets from other solar systems.
4. The Dalai Lama can't remember if he's seen Caddyshack.
5. Exercising four hours after learning can help you remember information.
6. The chord sequence in Stairway To Heaven may have been partially inspired by the Mary Poppins song, Chim Chim Cheree.
7. A lump of butter buried for 2,000 years in an Irish bog can remain edible.
8. The so-called Islamic State's Twitter accounts are followed by thousands of porn bots.
9. Rolls-Royce's first driverless car contains a silk "throne".
10. Although England's football team has suffered "50 years of hurt", France and the Netherlands have both endured longer periods without winning any international competitions.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.