10 things we didn't know last week
1. Iggy Pop has a white cockatoo called Biggy Pop.
2. Superhero movies currently perform better at the box office if they aren't just about superheroes.
3. Sir Walter Scott wrote bad reviews of his own novels to boost sales.
4. An ancient sea creature would drag its offspring around on strings like kites.
4. Tyrion is mathematically the most important character in Game of Thrones.
6. More people were executed in 2015 than in any of the previous 25 years.
7. A member of the Manson family apparently hand-edited a print-out of his Wikipedia page from prison.
8. You can be given lines to write out for motoring offences in Vietnam.
9. There is one female shop owner on Savile Row.
10. Chumbawumba's song Tubthumping was written about a drunken Irish neighbour who would fall down and get up again outside the band's house.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.