A veterinary practice has warned the public following the deaths of three dogs linked to Leptospirosis.
Minster Veterinary Centre, in Southwell, Nottinghamshire, said it believes the discovery of the water-borne disease is related to recent flooding in the area.
Two dogs that were confirmed with having Leptospirosis, also known as Weil's disease, have died in the past six weeks, while another was suspected of having it.
Another case has yet to be confirmed in a laboratory.
The Leptospirosis bacteria can survive for months in water and moist soil.
Rats are the usual host of the bacteria, but other mammals like dogs and cats - and even humans - can become infected.
The vet centre said pets must be treated early if they are suspected of having the disease.
It has urged pet owners to make sure they are up to date with their animal's vaccinations.