Debby Foxwell denies murdering Louise Lotz outside their homes in August in Welwyn Garden City.Read more
As the results of the 2019 general election sink in, we want to know what you've made of events overnight.
What do you think of the result? Have you got any questions that we might be able to answer? What are your hopes for the future?
You can contact us via: email@example.com
There are four new MPs in Hertfordshire, but only one represents a change of party:
- In St Albans, Liberal Democrat Daisy Cooper has taken the seat from Conservative Anne Main
- Conservative Gagan Mohindra held the seat of South West Hertfordshire, despite a challenge from former Tory MP for the seat David Gauke, who had the whip removed after he voted against the government and stood as an independent
- In Hertford and Stortford, Conservative candidate Julie Marson has held the seat for the Tories after Mark Prisk stood down
- In Watford, Dean Russell has been elected MP for Watford, meaning that the Conservative Party holds the seat with an increased majority. He beat Labour's Chris Ostrowski by 4,433 votes, more than double Richard Harrington’s 2,092 vote majority in 2017
- Elsewhere, all the Conservative candidates held their seats. Oliver Heald held Hertfordshire North East, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps retained his seat of Welwyn Hatfield, Bim Afolami held Hitchin and Harpenden, Stephen McPartlandwas re-elected as the MP for Stevenage.
- In Hertsmere, Oliver Dowden has been re-elected, Sir Mike Penning has held Hemel Hempstead and in Broxbourne, Charles Walker has held his seat. .
BBC Three Counties Radio political reporter
Hertfordshire has 11 constituencies and until September they were all Conservative.
However, the MP for South West Herts David Gauke (pictured), lost his place in the party over his Brexit views, but still has stood as an Independent against his old party.
The Liberal Democrats fancies its chances of taking St Albans, despite Tory MP Anne Main’s 6,000 majority, whilst Watford could be close too. It’s a Tory seat currently, but with a 2,000 majority from Labour, and the standing MP Richard Harrington not seeking re-election.
Hertford and Stortford gets a new MP, following Mark Prisk’s retirement, and Labour and the Lib Dems are also targeting Stevenage. The other six seats are likely to remain Tory.
Serial rapist Joseph McCann was hiding up the tree in Cheshire when he was arrested.