Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service has issued fire warnings after several preventable blazes caused by naked flames during the current heatwave.
Last year, dry weather caused a number of fires in fields and on grassy areas across the county (pictured).
So far this week, the fire service has already dealt with two incidents caused by members of the public using naked flames to deal with household issues.
One man accidentally set his wall insulation on fire while using an improvised flamethrower to try and destroy a wasps' nest in Lincoln.
In another incident, near Louth, a resident suffered burns to their legs when a petrol can exploded after being used to clear weeds.
In hot dry weather, any kind of naked flames can easily spread. Weedburners should be used with extreme caution anyway, but please don’t try and make your own, and we’d advise not to use them around dry grass in the current conditions."