Kent off-spinner Adam Riley leaves the club after only two Championship appearances so far this season.Read more
The Argus: Brighton Met student completes exam while in labour
Kent Online: Boy attacked after gang demand wallet
Get Surrey: Guildford pupil will have to travel to 10th closest secondary school
Chichester Observer: Pub in Westbourne 'in danger of closing' after 'traffic chaos' reigns over village
Eastbourne Herald: Eastbourne boy, 16, pleads guilty to intent to supply cocaine
Crawley and Horley Observer: Tiny Sussex kitten is one of nature’s rarest finds
Worthing Herald: Tributes paid to ‘exceptionally kind and caring’ Worthing man who died at music festival
Mid Sussex Times: Zoe Ball is new patron at Haywards Heath Princess Royal Hospital radio
Brighton and Hove News: Brighton expert’s research may support case for giving HPV jab to boys
Hastings Observer: Hastings MP Amber Rudd gives her support to keeping Jack in the Green on the May bank holiday
Brighton and Hove Independent: Brighton Royal Pavilion Gardens second report of attempted rape
Local Democracy Reporter
Paul Carter will "refocus his mind" as Kent County Council leader after pledging to step down as chairman of the County Councils Network (CCN).
The body was established in 1997 and is made up of 36 county local authorities. It has been described as the ‘voice’ of UK’s counties.
Mr Carter, who will leave his post in September, said he was "proud" to lead the cross-party organisation in its efforts to lobby the Government for extra funding and support.
The Maidstone councillor, who became chairman in 2015, said: “It was a particularly demanding job being leader of a large county council.
“Fitting that in with this role has been a challenge but I thoroughly enjoyed my four years as chair and I wish all the best to my successor.”
People in Kent and Sussex captured footage of lightning in the skies in the wake of torrential rain.
A victim of a scam handed over £3,000 cash to a fraudster after a bogus telephone call from a man posing as a police officer.
Kent Police said it was one of eight similar reports on Thursday from people living in Faversham.
In each call, the man claimed to be from the police and said he had someone in custody who had cloned their bank card or told the caller that they had a substantial amount of money taken from their account.
They were then told to withdraw money from their account and meet a courier who would collect the money.
Det Sgt Rachel Howson from the Volume Fraud Team said: “Unfortunately those who are targeted are often the most vulnerable, such as elderly people or victims with learning difficulties.”
She added that police officers will never ask a member of the public for their bank details or money over the phone.
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to following an assault on a bus in Tunbridge Wells.
A woman was travelling on the number seven bus in the St John's Road area at about 21:15 BST on 2 May.
She was approached by a man who tried to sit next to her and speak to her.
When she walked past the man to try and get off the bus she was assaulted, a Kent Police spokesman said.
BBC live reporter
County councillors criticised north Kent’s dermatology provider for long waiting times and unanswered phonecalls.
Their complaint was aimed at DMC Healthcare, a private company which took over the running of skin care clinics from Medway Maritime Hospital in April.
Patients with severe skin conditions have complained about not being able to get through to anyone from DMC for an appointment.
Almost 70 patients have waited more than a year to be seen by a specialist.
The dermatology services changed hands after the trust, which runs Medway Maritime Hospital, handed the contract back for patients in Medway, Swale, Dartford, Swanley and Gravesham.
A report by Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (MCG), which was presented to the committee, outlined the actions taken by DMC to cut the waiting times down for patients.
It read: “DMC has received significantly higher than anticipated volumes of calls (46,000 in April 2019) as a result of the transfer of services which has resulted in patients experiencing delays and difficulties contacting DMC.
"To address the backlog DMC will continue to hold a significantly higher number of clinics to ensure patients are treated as quickly as possible and to prevent the backlog negatively impacting on the new service. Based on the current trajectory the backlog is anticipated to be cleared by June 2019.”
Following these revelations, Kent County Council is calling for those involved to defend their record to the committee before Christmas.
BBC Live reporter
An investment of £11m is to be used to renovate a Kent shopping centre.
Work is set to begin at Royal Victoria Place in Tunbridge Wells in the autumn.
The renovation will involve upgrading to new modern flooring throughout the centre, fitting new high quality seating areas, installing bespoke rooflight features and housing a new piece of artwork.
More than 70 jobs are expected to be created by the work which is due to be completed in summer 2020.
Local Democracy Reporter
Kent Police has uncovered an alleged money laundering ring worth a “staggering” £5.2m in £20 notes.
When the in investigation was launched the Bank of England knew of at least £152,000 of counterfeit cash in circulation.
Chief constable Alan Pughsley told a meeting on Wednesday: “An operation commenced in January with regard to intelligence from the organised crime group counterfeiting currencies.
“Lots of work then commenced over a period including covert and overt work building an intelligence picture until May, where we believed we had identified the premises and believed there was a print run live at that time.
“We went to the address and found two individuals there at the time literally hands on in the middle of counterfeiting a number of £20 notes.”
At least five people have been arrested as part of the alleged conspiracy to print fake notes at a business premises in Beckenham.
Mr Pughsley added: “This is, according to the Bank of England, the biggest ever seizure of £20 notes.
“It would have had significant damage to the UK economy."
Two people suffered burns while a third suffered from the effects of smoke in a fire at a Tunbridge Wells property.
At its height, six fire engines were battling the blaze in Lansdowne Road.
The fire is now out and the cause is being investigated, Kent Fire and Rescue said.
Stab vest stops three knife blows as officer's hand cut in struggle.
BBC Live reporter
A child has reportedly been injured after a window in a rail-replacement bus shattered with passengers on board.
Ed Davey tweeted Southeastern after the service from High Brooms near Tunbridge Wells, Kent, at around 10:00 BST was swapped for a bus.
He said the bus hit a bump in the road and the window broke, leaving a boy with minor cuts and others with bags and sandwiches full of broken glass.
Southeastern has been approached for a comment.
BBC Live reporter
A Premium Bond holder in Kent is celebrating after bagging the £1m jackpot.
The winner has £4,210 invested in Premium Bonds, and the winning bond was bought in 2000.
Jill Waters, NS&I retail director, said: "We hope that news of this win will bring them happiness and financial security for many years.”
In 62 years Premium Bonds have paid out 442 million prizes worth £19.5bn.
In Kent, there are 40,623 unclaimed prizes, collectively worth just over £1.5m.
One person has a £50,000 prize from November 2007 which is still waiting to be claimed.
The Argus: Botched bunion surgery leaves woman housebound
Kent Online: Tributes to girl set to 'rule the world' before unexplained death
Get Surrey: Former Epsom Hospital children's doctor suspended
Chichester Observer: Selsey sexual assault: Man hands himself in
Eastbourne Herald: Injury left working mum relying on foodbanks
Crawley and Horley Observer: Runaway lorry rolls downhill with unconscious driver
Worthing Herald: Graffiti by Worthing's Banksy should be removed, council officers say
Mid Sussex Times: Burgess Hill Academy celebrates ‘good’ Ofsted rating
Brighton and Hove News: Most Brighton A&E patients satisfied despite having to wait longer than average
Hastings Observer: Firefighters battling another blaze at derelict Hastings care home
Brighton and Hove Independent: Brighton shortlisted for Best Walking Neighbourhood Award