We're pausing our live coverage now - but before we go here’s a recap of what we know.
- Fifty people thought to be undocumented migrants are confirmed dead after their truck was discovered in Texas
- The Mexican president says 22 of the victims were from Mexico, seven from Guatemala and two from Honduras; the other nationalities are unconfirmed
- The trailer in which the bodies were found on Monday evening had been abandoned on a roadside about eight miles (14 km) from the centre of San Antonio
- It’s thought the deaths were caused by extreme heat inside the unventilated trailer. Sixteen people were taken to hospital with acute heatstroke and dehydration
- Three people have been detained as part of the investigation
- Border policies under the administration of President Biden – and the previous Trump administration – have both been blamed for a surge in risky migrant crossings into the US
- Biden vowed to tackle the “multi-billion-dollar criminal smuggling industry” following the incident
This live page has been brought to you by James FitzGerald, Thom Poole, Alexandra Fouché, Robin Levinson-King, Sam Cabral, Holly Honderich, Bernd Debusmann and Chris Giles.