We're pausing our live coverage of the reaction to the Kentucky grand jury's decision in the Breonna Taylor case.
Here are the key takeaways:
- One of the three officers, Brett Hankison, has been charged, not with Ms Taylor's death, but with three counts of "wanton endangerment" for firing shots blindly
- The charge comes with a maximum sentence of five years per count
- The other officers, including the one who investigators confirmed fired the fatal shot, have not been charged
- Protests have already begun in Lousiville, and are planned in other cities across the country, including New York and Los Angeles
- The FBI is continuing to look into any potential federal law violations in the case
Today's coverage was brought to you by Max Matza, Ritu Prasad and Vicky Baker.