We are pausing our live coverage of Hurricane Irma as the US authorities continue to assess the damage in Florida and beyond.
- The number of deaths attributed to the storm has continued to rise, with at least four reported in Florida. Last week Irma killed at least 37 people in Caribbean islands
- Some 6.5 million homes in Florida, two-thirds of the total, are still without power
- Relief operations are under way and engineers are working to restore power, but many areas remain stranded
- One of the worst hit areas was the Florida Keys archipelago - and Florida's governor said it would be some time before residents could all return home
- Meanwhile, despite being downgraded to a tropical storm, Irma is still bringing considerable rainfall to the north of Florida and Georgia