Two politicians are calling for a mid-term review of the pay of Guernsey politicians and the non-political members of committees.
Deputies Shane Langlois and Dawn Tindall are asking for a States agreement - made in January 2016 - for an independent review to be set up before the start of May to be acted on.
They have also suggested that an intermediate band of renumeration be brought in for the presidents of States Assembly and Constitution Committee, Scrutiny Management Committee, States Trading Supervisory Board and the Development and Planning Authority.
- President of the Policy and Resources Committee: £63,315-£66,164
- Presidents of the principal committees, Scrutiny Management Committee, States Assembly and Constitution Committee and members of the Policy and Resources Committee: £48,648-£50,837
- All other deputies: £36,009-£37,629
- Non-States member with a seat on the States Trading Supervisory Board: £8,000
- Any other non-States member: £2,000
There is also a set of rules governing pay for Alderney representatives that would be considered in any review.
The proposal has been made alongside the call for a reduction in the pay of the president of the States Assembly and Constitution Committee.