We're finishing our live page coverage now.
Here's how things stand:
- The death toll from Wednesday morning's earthquake is now at 250
- The worst-affected towns are Amatrice, Accumoli, Arquata del Tronto and Pescara del Tronto
- Thousands of rescuers are searching through the rubble for signs of life but accept the probability of finding more survivors is low and diminishing
- Hundreds of aftershocks have shaken the area as rescuers worked
- Many buildings have been declared unsafe for habitation, leaving survivors homeless
- Relief missions have set up tent camps for people who have nowhere else to go
Survivors include a 10-year-old girl who was pulled from the rubble 17 hours after the earthquake.
The BBC's Damian Grammaticas, at the scene, says people freeze with every aftershock.
Before and after pictures show the extent of the devastation.
You can follow the story with the BBC on our website where we will bring you major updates.