Here is a recap of what we know so far:
- An Ethiopian Airlines jet bound for Kenya's capital, Nairobi, crashed shortly after take-off from Addis Ababa, killing all on board.
- The crash happened at 08:44 local time, six minutes after the months-old Boeing 737 Max-8 took off.
- The airline said 149 passengers and eight crew members were on flight ET302
- The victims are from more than 30 countries.
- The Boeing Max-8 aircraft was delivered to Ethiopian Airlines on 15 November last year.
- The cause of the disaster is not yet clear. However, the pilot had reported difficulties and had asked to return to the airport.
- An eyewitness at the scene told the BBC there was an intense fire as the aircraft hit the ground.
- Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has declared 11 March as day of national mourning.