We're going to take a break from our live coverage for the evening, as celebrations continue on the streets of Zimbabwe's capital.
Our online news team will continue to update our main story, but the main developments have been:
- Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe has resigned after 37 years in power.
- He resigned in a letter sent to parliament as it began impeachment proceedings
- MPs erupted in applause and cheers, and citizens took to the streets in celebration
- The briefly-exiled former vice-president, Emmerson Mnangagwa, is expected to be appointed interim president
- It is not clear how that affects his replacement, current Vice President Mphoko
- Multiple sources say Mr Mnangagwa will be appointed on Wednesday or Thursday
Want to know more? You can browse through all our articles on the crisis here.