Thanks for tuning into our coverage today.
Here are the latest headlines from the UK and around the world:
- More of the east and south east of England will enter tier four on Boxing Day, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has announced. Areas moving up to tier four include Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire
- Two cases of another “more transmissible” variant of coronavirus from South Africa has been detected in the UK
- France has eased its travel ban on the UK, with French citizens, British nationals living in France and hauliers allowed in as long as they test negative for the virus
- Members of New York City’s Sheriff’s office will conduct home visits to ensure people from the UK are quarantining
- Hundreds of immigrants in France working on the coronavirus front line have been recognised with fast-track citizenship
- Taiwan’s president has called for calm after the first local transmission was reported since April
- The US state of California has surpassed two million cases. Half a million of those were over the past two weeks
Today's live page was brought to you by Sarah Fowler, Victoria Lindrea, Becky Morton, Ritu Prasad, Gavin Stamp, Lauren Turner, Kate Whannel, Sophie Williams and Cherry Wilson.
We'll be back with more tomorrow.