We are pausing our live page coverage for the day, but we'll be back later on Saturday.
Thanks for following all the latest updates with us.
Here are some of the most noteworthy developments of the day:
- President Trump said the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) had recommended that face coverings should be worn in public to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 - but added that he would not be wearing one
- New York state had its highest increase in deaths for one day - at 562, bringing the total to 2,935
- The World Health Organization (WHO) warned that if countries rushed to lift restrictions it could prolong the crisis
- The UK government urged people to stay at home over the weekend, with warm weather expected
- Spain overtook Italy for the first time for the number of confirmed cases, but the overnight death toll fell from the previous day