Here's a summary of some of Thursday's developments:
- The first minister confirmed the lockdown would have to remain in place for "at least" three weeks
- Nicola Sturgeon said there was some evidence the lockdown was suppressing the virus, but lifting it too soon risked a resurgence
- A further 80 people who have tested positive have died
- The total number of cases stands at 7,102 - up 354 on yesterday but the number of patients in intensive care is broadly stable
- The Makar Jackie Kay has written a poem celebrating the "fierce" dedication of Scotland's front line workers
We'll be back with live coverage of the latest developments in the coronavirus outbreak in Scotland on Friday morning.