That ends our rolling coverage for today on yet another eventful day in the Commons.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has faced a double defeat in the Commons after MPs turned down his motion for a general election.
There has been a lot to take in, so if you're still catching up - and who would blame you - here's a quick reminder of the major happenings:
- The bill seeking to prevent a no-deal on 31 October cleared the Commons
- It now heads to the House of Lords where a filibustering operation could hold it up its progress
- The PM's motion for an early election failed to get the two-thirds majority needed to pass
- Boris Johnson had his first Prime Minister's Questions
- Meanwhile, No 10's decision to withdraw the party whip from 21 Tory rebels has faced criticism
- And the chancellor set out his spending plans for the coming year