That's the end of our live coverage of the local election for now.
Here's a recap of what's happened:
- The Conservatives have suffered huge defeats, losing 1,334 councillors and 44 councils.
- Labour, who had been expected to make gains, instead lost 82 councillors and six councils.
- But the strongly pro-EU Lib Dems gained 703 seats, with leader Sir Vince Cable calling every vote received "a vote for stopping Brexit".
- The Green Party - who are also pro-EU - have picked up an additional 194 seats in comparison to 2015.
- The number of independent councillors also rose - by 612, while UKIP lost 145 seats.