- The sitting began at 14.00 BST with a speech from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon - see 'Key Video'.
- MEPs then debated next month's summit of G7 leaders in Germany.
- After that, Parliament debated and voted to support proposals to merge two existing EU schemes providing milk and fruit to schoolchildren.
- The evening session saw debates on EU development aid to Eritrea, recent cyber-attacks against European media companies and efforts to clamp down on the forced marriage of girls.
- The sitting closed with a round of short, topical speeches.