Here's a quick look back at the main stories from the world of politics today:
- Labour leader Ed Miliband ruled out a formal coalition with the Scottish National Party in the event of a hung parliament, but not a looser arrangement
- David Cameron said it was "despicable" Mr Miliband had not ruled out a post-election deal with the SNP
- SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon said in a speech that her party could help overhaul the UK's "crumbling" institutions
- Newsnight reported claims an undercover police operation that gathered evidence of child abuse by Cyril Smith and other public figures was scrapped shortly after the MP was arrested
- Conservative Party chairman Grant Shapps said he had "screwed up" by suggesting he had never had a second job while an MP
- UKIP was put on the list of "major parties" entitled to at least two party election broadcasts - but the Green Party was not
That's all from the Politics Live page for tonight. We'll be back from 06:00 GMT with all the day's election news, comment and pre-Budget predictions. See you then.