That's the end of our live coverage as South Yorkshire responded to the HS2 route change announcement today.
Here's a quick rundown of the key facts about the proposed new route:
- It won't now stop at Meadowhall station
- It's been shifted east through the Dearne Valley
- There'll be a new station at Thurnscoe
- Some HS2 trains will divert off the track to go to Sheffield and Chesterfield
- HS2 Ltd says the new route saves £1bn
- A new housing estate in Mexborough will have to demolished to build the line; the developer was only told yesterday afternoon
- South Yorkshire MPs have demanded a meeting with the Transport Secretary over the plans
- Trains won't be running on the route until 2033 at the earliest
We'll be back from 08:00 on Friday with more live updates from across South Yorkshire.