- Updates on Wednesday, 9 March 2016
- News, sport, travel and weather updates resume on Thursday at 08:00
Rain is easing as we move into the night and it will be drier and brighter by tomorrow afternoon.Copyright: BBC Weather
Temperatures reaching 5C (41F) overnight.
BBC Weather has more details.
BBC Radio Norfolk
Four out of five Norfolk health trusts are not reporting their mistakes properly, according to a new government "learning from mistakes league", with most needing to improve openness and transparency.
Among its findings:
- Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust for Norfolk have a poor reporting culture, coming 211th and 223rd respectively out of 230 trusts
- The N&N is also ninth worst in the country for bullying, with 31.65% of staff experiencing harassment, bullying or abuse in last 12 months
- 'Significant concerns' over the reporting culture in Community Health and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
- James Paget Hospital classified as having a good ability to learn from mistakes
BBC Radio Norfolk sport
Norwich City chairman Ed Balls has welcomed the unanimous decision by Premier League clubs to cap the price of tickets for away fans to £30.
The new guidelines begin next season and are in place for at least three years.Copyright: Getty ImagesQuote Message: We fully support the announcement from the Premier League today. This new scheme ensures both our fans who travel away and those that visit us will benefit from a fair and consistent pricing policy." from Ed Balls Norwich City chairman
Police are appealing for information following an arson in the Catton Grove area of Norwich and have released a sound clip recorded on the victim's personal CCTV camera, plus images, of two people they would like to speak to in connection with the crime.
Hayley Moss has no formal musical training but her operatic performances in Norwich's Royal Arcade have moved some people to tears.
BBC Norfolk Live
Main news headlines:
- Four out of five Norfolk health trusts are not reporting their mistakes properly, new figures suggest.
- Norfolk Police says historical child sex abuse accounts for part of the rise in reported cases
- The number of pregnant girls under the age of 18 in Norfolk has continued to fall, in line with the national trend, although Norwich has seen an upward spike
Norfolk Police says it is better prepared to deal with child sex offences in the county, having increased resources to deal with such crimes.
Figures collated by children's charity the NSPCC show 774 cases reported to the force last year, an increase of more than 200 on the previous year, which reflects the upward national trend.Quote Message: It's reassuring to think that there is now confidence in the police and people feel they have the strength and courage to come forward to report what's right." from Det Supt Julie Wvendth Norfolk Police
A woman in her 70s has been arrested in Costessey outside a doctors' surgery.Copyright: BBC
Police were called to Barley Court just before 13:00 to reports of criminal damage to a vehicle and of threats being made.
Investigations are continuing and there are currently no further details.
BBC Radio Norfolk
Drivers are being warned about a change to a Norwich city centre route.
Over the next few days it won't be possible to turn left from Farmers Avenue down the hill towards the one-way system.
Instead drivers will need to turn right towards John Lewis as part of a temporary restriction due to new layouts being put in place.
A college with sites in Norfolk and Cambidgeshire has been chosen by Microsoft to develop a regional IT academy.Copyright: BBC Sport
Rob Petto, from the College of West Anglia, which has sites in King's Lynn, Wisbech and Milton, near Cambridge, said IT skills were now the fourth skill required after reading, writing and maths, no matter what course or job students undertook.
The project will also involve the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership.
Strong gusty winds will continue with heavy rain.Copyright: BBC Weather
Top temperature of 5C (41F).
BBC Weather has your local forecast.
The teenage pregnancy rate in Norwich has gone up, despite a national trend showing a continual decline since the method of recording the statistics changed in 1998, putting the city in a national top 10.Copyright: BBC
Great Yarmouth and Broadland have seen a slight increase in the teenage pregnancy rate between 2013 and 2014, while the average figure for the county dropped from 22.2 to 20.3 conceptions per 1,000 women.
The average for England and Wales fell to about 23 conceptions per 1,000 15 to 17-year-old girls in 2014, compared to a high of 55 in 1971, according to the Office of National Statistics.
BBC Norfolk Live
The main news stories this lunchtime:
- The number of child sex offences in Norfolk has increased by almost half, according to Norfolk police figures obtained by the NSPCC
- The teenage pregnancy rate in Norwich has risen, bucking the national trend and putting the city in the top 10 areas in England and Wales
- Two women are taken to hospital after road crashes on A11 and A47 this morning
Two women have been taken to hospital after a crash on the A11 near Wymondham this morning.
A southbound section of the road was closed for three hours but has since reopened.
A currently-closed pub which has stood in a south Norfolk village for nearly 250 years should be “the hub of a thriving community” according to a committee member attempting to bring it back to use.Copyright: Diss Express
The back page of the EDP:Copyright: Eastern Daily Press
BBC Norfolk Live
The A11 and A47 have just re-opened after two crashes this morning.Copyright: BBC
Two women were taken to hospital after an accident on the A11 near Wymondham just after 07:00.
It was followed by a three-vehicle crash on the A47 Acle Straight towards Great Yarmouth at 08:15 with a third accident on the same dual-carriageway at Necton, close to the Watton junction on the Norwich Southern bypass.
One woman has been taken to hospital following a crash on the A11 this morning, says East of England Ambulance Service:
Norwich Evening News
The front page of the Norwich Evening News:Copyright: Norwich Evening News