That's all from BBC Local Live in Merseyside and west Cheshire, but we'll be back on Friday from 08:00 to bring you more of the latest news, sport, travel and weather.
- Updates from Thursday 20 October
- More news, sport, travel and weather updates from 08:00 on Friday 21 October
BBC Radio 5 live
In a wide-ranging interview former Everton midfielder Paul Gascoigne speaks openly about his past struggles with alcohol.
Police trying to identify the body of a man whose headless corpse was found badly burnt in a suitcase are looking at missing person cases in Merseyside and Cheshire.
Officers in Derbyshire have released an image of a suitcase similar to the one that was discovered in a lay-by off the A628, just east of Tintwistle on 10 October.
Test have established the body - which also had the limbs removed - is of a man aged 18-40, between 5ft 8ins and 5ft 11ins, with white or light-coloured skin.
A DNA test failed to find a match and police are also analysing missing person cases in Derbyshire, Manchester, Yorkshire and Staffordshire.
Police are investigating an unconfirmed report of a shooting in Southport, after a man claimed he was shot at by another male.
Officers were called to Janes Brook Road, close to the town's hospital, and a search was carried out.
But Merseyside Police said no evidence of gunshots was found.
House-to-house inquiries are taking place and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Mersey Ferries say there will be no cross river or explorer services until at least the second week in November.
There are now only two vessels in the operational fleet and Royal Iris was due to provide cover while Snowdrop underwent engine servicing.
But Royal Iris, which was drydocked earlier in the year after running aground, has developed mechanical problems which are expected to take four weeks to repair.
St Helens Star
A ship naming ceremony has taken place at Liverpool's cruise liner terminal.
Princess Anne christened the vessel Atlantic Sea.
It is the first of five new ships built for Atlantic Container line which runs between the Mersey, Europe and North America.
Merseyside Police are appealling for information about a Wirral woman who was reported missing from her home in Birkenhead yesterday.
Anita Stevenson, 39, is said to be around 5ft 8in with shoulder length blonde hair.
It is thought she was wearing black leggings and a black Nike Jacket.
We take a look back at the life and times of Liverpool's most famous hairdresser, Howard Howe who has died aged 72.
- Mr Howe began hairdressing career almost 50 years ago and became the youngest-ever Guild master hairdresser at aged 28
- His gold-fronted "Bling" salon in Liverpool featured on ITV docu-soap Shampoo and Channel 5's Celebrity Super Spa
- In 2007 he started the charity event Queenie's Christmas - a Christmas dinner at Liverpool’s Adelphi Hotel for local people who were alone on Christmas Day
- He ran Merseyside’s largest hairdressing training school and was awarded the Scouseology Special Award for Services to Liverpool and a Lifetime Achievement Award from Downtown Liverpool in Business in 2008
- In 2011, Mr Howe received a Lifetime Achievement Award for Services to Hairdressing in the UK, from The Fellowship of British Hairdressing
- He flirted with politics and briefly stood for Mayor of Liverpool in 2012 but withdrew due to the the "viperous attitude" of local politics
- Liverpool hairdresser and charity fundraiser Herbert Howe has died at the age of 72
- A ship naming ceremony is under way at Liverpool's cruise liner terminal - Princess Anne will christen the vessel Atlantic Sea
- Mersey Ferries say there will be no cross river or explorer services until at least the second week in November due to mechanical problems
Tributes continue to be paid to Herbert Howe, the Liverpool hairdresser, reality TV star and charity champion who died early today.
He was 72 and had been battling brain tumours. He was surrounded by his family when he died.
Photos of the much-loved Liverpool and famously flamboyant hairdresser are on display in his Hanover Street salon today.
Cheshire Political Reporter, BBC News
Warrington councillors have agreed to accept an elected mayor as part of a future devolution deal.
The agreement is the result of "internal political discussions", but uncertainty remains regarding which devolution deal the borough may join.
Councillors are split over whether to join the Liverpool City Region or a new Cheshire devolution deal.
Council leader Terry O'Neill said he would "continue conversations" with neighbouring authorities.
M6 Cheshire northbound severe accident, at J20 for M56.
M6 Cheshire - M6 lane closed on entry slip road and slow traffic northbound at J20, M56 (Lymm Interchange), because of an accident.
Check local traffic and travel reports for:
Tributes continue to pour in for much-loved "King of Bling" Liverpool hairdresser Herbert Howe, who died this morning at the age of 72.
The owner and founder of hairdressing salon Herbert of Liverpool, he was also well known for charity fundraising in the city.
A flamboyant character and reality TV star, Herbert was surrounded by his family when he passed away in a hospice.
Comedian Ricky Tomlinson, actress Jennifer Ellison and Coleen Rooney are among those paying tribute.
- Much-loved Liverpool hairdresser and charity fundraiser dubbed "The King of Bling", Herbert Howe dies at the age of 72
- The first Royal Christening of a ship on the River Mersey in over 50 years takes place today
- Three Merseyside men suspected of drugs offences are named by the National Crime Agency among 10 most wanted British fugitives in Spain
Multi-million pound plans have been unveiled for a new development dubbed Liverpool's ''Knowledge Quarter''.
Politicians and professors want to maximise on the city's hospitals, universities, theatres and other educational facilities to make it a world-class destination for learning and innovation.
The redevelopment would include expanding the underground train line to include a new station - as well as building accommodation.
Tributes are pouring in for Liverpool's much-loved charismatic hairdresser and fundraiser Herbert How who has died aged 72.
The following tributes are among hundreds posted on BBC Radio Merseyside's Facebook page:
Helen Frost Loved Herbert , he opened our shop for us....a beautiful fun spirited man.....will be missed by everyone in the city....spray your sparkle dust up there now....xxxx
Lpbbo SpencerFamily So so sad rip Herbert you will always be one of a kind Liverpool has lost a true legend in the hair industry. My career began at Herbert's many years ago it's was one big extended family, the salons we got to work in where unbelievable and always sparkled in true Herbert style xx
Keith John McCarthy God bless Herbert a lovely man did so much for the people of our City reunited with his Mum Queenie RIP
Hannah Quinn Met Herbert once at one of his charity Christmas meals for the elderley, he was a really nice man, very generous and very funny. RIP xx
The first Royal Christening of a ship on the River Mersey in more than half a century takes place this lunchtime.
Princess Anne will officially name the Atlantic Container Line vessel at Liverpool cruise terminal.
It is the first of a new fleet the company's invested in, which will operate between the UK, North Europe and North America.
Staff at Herbert's hairdressing salon posted this tribute on their Instagram page:
It is with the saddest news our beautiful friend and boss "Herbert of Liverpool" passed away peacefully early hours this morning with his brother and sister, Christine & Ian by his side. He fought hard and strong for the past 18 months full of love and courage, together with the support of all his staff, close friends and family. Herbert is in now back in the arms of his beautiful Mother and father "Queenie & Frank"
There are calls for a statue of the actress Jean Alexander to be built in Southport.
The Liverpool-born actress died earlier this week aged 90 and was best known for playing Hilda Ogden in Coronation Street.
Originally from Toxteth she lived in Southport for many years.
Actor Andrew Lancel, who played Frank Foster in the ITV soap, said the statue would be the "perfect way" to remember her.
- Liverpool hairdresser and charity fundraiser Herbert Howe dies aged 72
- There are calls for a statue of actress Jean Alexander, famous for playing Coronation Street's Hilda Ogden, to be built in Southport
- The first Royal Christening of a ship on the River Mersey in more than half a century takes place this lunchtime
Some sad news this morning... well known Liverpool hairdresser and charity fundraiser Herbert Howe has died at the age of 72 after a long battle with cancer.
He died in the early hours with his familiy at his side.
Reporter, BBC Local Live