Our live coverage for the day has now ended, but we will return at 08:00 on Monday with more news, sport, travel and weather.
- Updates on Friday 13 May
- Merseyside Live returns at 08:00 on Monday with more news, sport, travel and weather updates
It will be a dry and colder night across the region with variable cloud and clear intervals. As the temperatures tumble, even a local grass frost may develop by dawn.Copyright: BBC
Presenter, BBC North West Tonight
Coming up on North West Tonight at 18:30:
- More than 4,000 people sign a petition calling for horses to be taken off land in Merseyside and rehoused
- The 96 fans who died at Hillsborough will be posthumously granted the freedom of Liverpool - the city's highest civic honour
One lane is closed due to a broken-down vehicle on the M62 eastbound between Junction 7 at Rainhill Stoops and Junction 8 at Burtonwood Road.
The RSPCA is investigating after six horses were found in a field in an alleged poor condition.Copyright: Natalia White
The horses' owner, John Davey, said he is co-operating with the charity and denied claims they were being ill-treated on land in Tarbock Green.
Police say they are becoming "increasingly concerned" about a missing 15-year-old boy from Wirral.
Martane Butler has been missing since Tuesday when he was seen in the New Ferry area.Copyright: Merseyside Police
This afternoon's top stories in Merseyside and west Cheshire:
- Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says the campaign for justice over the Hillsborough disaster will benefit the whole country since it will result in a "fairer society"
- A man rescued from the crush at Hillsborough 27 years ago says he 99% sure he has tracked down the man who helped save his life
- The Royal Liverpool Hospital apologises for any distress caused to a woman who was asked to breastfeed her baby in a private room
Two town centre drinking hotspots have been shut down – just days after police raided one of the nightclubs overs concerns linked to serious crime and drugs.Copyright: Google
The investigation into alleged improper conduct at Cheshire East Council has been passed over to Titan, the regional organised crime unit.
There is queuing traffic on the A557 Weston Point Expressway southbound in Runcorn between Runcorn Widnes Bridge and the A5126 Weston Link junction, in the roadworks area.
David Unsworth says it was the "proudest moment" of his life when he was asked to take temporary charge of Everton for this Sunday`s match against Norwich.Copyright: BBC
He and Joe Royle are looking after the blues while the search continues for a replacement for Roberto Martinez.
He said: "Who wouldn’t want this job? I have massive aspirations to be a manager, this is the only place I want to manage. Whether that happens now or further down the line, who knows."
Today's top stories in Merseyside and west Cheshire:
- The 96 Hillsborough victims are to get the freedom of Liverpool along with Kenny and Marina Dalglish
- The Independent Police Complaints Commission is to investigate a former South Yorkshire Police press officer's claims she was asked to 'spin' reports of the Hillsborough inquests to favour the force
- David Unsworth says it was the "proudest moment" of his life when he was asked to take temporary charge of Everton for this Sunday`s match against Norwich
Merseytravel are seeking views on plans for new and extended bus routes in Kirby.
A mum-of-two who knifed a sleeping friend in the neck during a cocaine binge previously attacked a nurse in Mathew Street.
Cunard's Queen Elizabeth cruise ship will arrive in Liverpool on Saturday 2 July to celebrate the centenary of the Cunard Building.
The building on the Pier Head opened on 12 June 1916.Copyright: Cunard
Wirral-born celebrity chef Simon Rimmer to open new pub and restaurant in West Kirby.
Jurgen Klopp has held a press conference ahead of next week's Europa League final against Sevilla.Copyright: BBC
One lane is closed due to a broken down vehicle on the M62 eastbound between junction 7 A57 Warrington Road / A557 Watkinson Way / A570 St Helens Linkway (Rainhill Stoops) and junction 8 Burtonwood Road.