Live updates from Lancashire have finished for the day, but we'll be back from 08:00 on Friday with the latest news, sport, weather and travel from across the region.
- Updates on Thursday 5 January.
- More news, sport, travel and weather from 08:00 on Friday 6 January.
A 30-year-old woman with links to Lancashire who went missing for more than a week has been found.
Julija Dubovika, who was last heard from on 25 December, has now been found safe and well in Leicester.
Work to prepare the first horizontal fracking site in the UK for shale gas extraction has begun in Lancashire.
The government approved energy firm Cuadrilla's plans to frack at the Preston New Road site at Little Plumpton in October last year.
The firm said it started site construction work on Thursday after Lancashire County Council agreed planning conditions had been met.
It is "an important milestone", chief executive Francis Egan said.
- Work to prepare the first horizontal fracking site in the UK for shale gas extraction begins in Little Plumpton
- Preston hospice cancels a fundraising concert with a 20-year history due to bad weather
- Morecambe Football Club says administration of the company which runs community sports facilites at the Globe Arena will not affect business
Directors at Morecambe Football Club have said it is business as usual, despite the company which runs community sports facilities at the Globe Arena going into administration.
The administrators were called into PMG Leisure Limited, owned by Brazilian businessman Diego Lemos who also owns the football club, just before Christmas.
The club said the pitches, which make up part of the facility, are still available for the club's scholars to use and the police control room is available for match days.
A statement on the club website said: "The first we knew of the problem was when the administrators were appointed and arrived on site the next day."
More than £12,000 has been raised for research into a young boy’s rare life-limiting illness.
Darwen youngster Nolan James-Crook, 12, was diagnosed in 2013 with H-abc, a degenerative brain condition which results in the progressive decline of white matter in the brain.
M6 Lancashire northbound severe disruption, between J31A for B6242 and J32 for M55.
M6 Lancashire - One lane closed on M6 northbound between J31a, B6242 (Longridge) and J32, M55 (Broughton Interchange), because of a broken down vehicle.
Check local traffic and travel reports for:
Organisers of an outdoor fundraising concert which has raised money for a Preston hospice for the last 20 years have had to cancel this year's event due to poor weather.
St Catherine's Hospice, which provides care for people Preston, South Ribble and Chorley, announced that 2016's Symphony at the Tower event would be their last.
The concert which was staged at Hoghton Tower had been one of the flagship fundraisers for the hospice, and featured performances from the likes of Status Quo, James Blunt and Katherine Jenkins.
A statement said the decision had been made due to "dangerous ground conditions" caused by inclement weather which made organisers "seriously reconsider the long-term safety and viability of the event."
Lancashire Evening Post
A couple who have dedicated more than 50 years to the ice skating community in Blackpool have been given a British Citizen Award.
John and Pauline Holden, from Lytham St Annes, have also spent the past 18 years involved with their amateur skating team, The Blackpool Ice Twirlers.
They won the award for their services to arts and are among 29 recipients who will be honoured at a ceremony at the Palace of Westminster on 26 January..
The awards take place bianually and were launched in January 2015 to recognise "exceptional individuals who work tirelessly and selflessly to make a positive impact on society".
We had absolutely no idea we were being nominated for an award and were very shocked when we found out. We are both extremely delighted to be receiving the award, but feel there are so many other people out there who deserve this recognition.
Tithebarn Street in Preston is closed in both directions between the Carlisle Street junction and the Crooked Lane junction, because of a crash.
- Energy firm Cuadrilla starts 'initial surface construction work' at its Preston New Road site
- A man is charged with murder following the death of a man in Preston on New Year's Day
- Morecambe Football Club says the administration of PMG Leisure Ltd, the company which runs community sports facilities at the Globe Arena, will not affect business
An energy firm has started "initial surface construction works" on a shale gas exploration site at Little Plumpton.
The government approved plans for fracking at the site in at Preston New Road in October 2016.
Environmentalists and local campaign groups reacted angrily to the decision, saying it was a denial of local democracy.
The construction work will include a new site entrance, access road and a well pad.
Cuadrilla said it will take three months to complete the work before any drilling can begin.
The work will be undertaken to the highest safety and environmental standards.
Britain's last original temperance bar has had a revamp to appeal to younger generations.
Fitzpatrick's in Rawtenstall was originally established in 1836 in Dublin by a family of herbalists, who moved to the North West in 1899 where they opened a chain of bars.
Temperance bars were particularly found during the 19th and early 20th centuries, and specialised in selling non-alcoholic drinks and herbal remedies.
The new owner of Fitzpatrick's, Ashley Morley, aims to keep history alive and encouraging people of all ages to use it.
Morecambe manager Jim Bentley has received a two-match touchline ban after he was sent off in their 2-1 home defeat by Cheltenham.
The 40-year-old was sent to the stands after his reaction to Shrimps midfielder Alex Kenyon being shown a red card.
Bentley attended a Wembley hearing and was fined, and ordered to pay costs.
He will now be forced to watch games against Notts County and Carlisle from the stands.
A 19-year-old man has been charged with murder after a man was found fatally wounded in a street.
The 67-year-old was partially clothed and unconscious when he was found in Hammond Street, Preston, at about 08:30 on New Year's Day.
He had suffered head injuries and died later at Royal Preston Hospital.
Nathan Richardson, of Bury Road, Bolton, is due before magistrates in Preston later. A man, aged 22, has been charged with assisting an offender.
Luke Jenkinson, of De Lacy Street, Preston, is also due to appear at the city's magistrates' court later.
- A man is charged with murder following the death of a man in Preston on New Year's Day
- A couple from Lytham St Annes win a British Citizen Award
- The North West Ambulance Service is "working hard to manage" a shortfall of paramedics
The North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) has said it is "working hard to manage" a shortage of paramedics.
Figures from the Labour Party claimed NWAS had the highest number of vacancies in the country with 204 unfilled posts.
These figures come at a time when ambulance response times are failing to meet targets.
In 2015, only 69% of Red 1 calls in the North West were responded to within 8 minutes, 6% below the national target of 75%.
Unions said the situation is putting a strain on those already working there.
NWAS said paramedic recruitment is "an issue nationally as there aren't enough trained paramedics available to fill all of the vacancies".
A spokesperson added its recruitment campaign and development opportunities have "reduced the vacancy gap from 14.2% to just over 9%" and predicts a further fall "to around 7% by March 2017".
This was the scene after a car lost control, hit a lamppost and ended up in a driveway in Bamber Bridge in the early hours
Police were called to Brindle Road at about 01:00. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.
A health trust put into special measures three years ago has been given a "good" rating by inspectors.
The latest review praised improvements in patient care in the A&E department and the trust, which runs hospitals in Blackburn and Burnley, said "there is so much to be proud of".
As Steve Saul reports there is still some work to do.
Two more people have been arrested in connection with the suspected murder of a 67-year-old man in Preston.
The man was found partially clothed and unconscious in Hammond Street, Preston, at 08:30 on New Year's Day and died later in the Royal Preston Hospital. It is believed he was the victim of an assault.
A 19-year-old Preston man was detained on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
A 17-year-old boy and a man aged 22, both from Preston, have also now been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses to come forward.
- The North West Ambulance Service is recruiting paramedics from overseas to fill vacancies after figures show it has the biggest shortfall than any other trust in the country
- A couple from Lytham St Annes win a British Citizen Award for their services to arts
- Britain's oldest temperance bar in Rawtenstall - serving traditional non-alcoholic drinks - undergoes refurbishment to appeal to younger generations
Reporter, BBC News Online