- Updates on Friday 14 October
- News, sport, travel and weather updates resume at 08:00 on Monday
It will start dry through the first part of the evening.
The chance of persistent showers will increase as the night goes on, particularly in northern and eastern parts.
Milder night ahead with lows of 9C.
- Two people are cut free from their car after a crash in Euxton
- Firefighters are still at the scene of a fire at a quarry in Accrington that involved about 100 tonnes of waste
- A statue to mark the 75th anniversary of the first stage performance by Morecambe and Wise is unveiled in Blackpool
A675 Lancashire both ways severe accident, between Knot Lane and B6258 Chorley Road.
A675 Lancashire - A675 Higher Walton Road in Walton-Le-Dale closed and queuing traffic in both directions between the Knot Lane junction and the B6258 Chorley Road junction, because of a serious accident.
Check local traffic and travel reports for:
A public swimming pool in Clitheroe is to be modernised after it received funding from Sport England.Copyright: Google
The refurbishment, which includes upgraded changing rooms and the creation of dedicated disabled facilities, will take about three months.
Ribble Valley Borough Council has also provided £60,000 towards the renovation.
Burnley's Empire Theatre has been withdrawn from auction this weekend, a group fighting to save the building says.Copyright: Mark Salmon
Its owner, the Duchy of Lancaster, had planned to auction it off with no reserve.
But the Burnley Empire Theatre Trust - which has commissioned a viability study to see if it is worth restoring - say the Duchy has agreed to remove the building from auction to give the group more time to assess the Grade II-listed structure.
The building was recently named in the top 10 list of at-risk theatres.
Firefighters remain at the scene of a fire that involved about 100 tonnes of waste at a quarry in Accrington.Copyright: Google
Crews were called to Rakehead Quarry and Kings Highway about 23:30 last night.
A decision was made to allow the blaze to continue to burn to avoid polluted water from getting into nearby water courses.
It is not yet known how the fire started.
Preston North End could move into the top half of the Championship tomorrow with victory over Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium.Copyright: Getty ImagesQuote Message: After racking up four wins and a draw from their last six matches, all looks good at Deepdale with disapproving voices from the terraces quietened, for now. North End embark on a tough but fascinating set of fixtures but do so on the back of a thrilling win over Aston Villa.Quote Message: Hopefully that result, and the manner in which it was achieved, will convince any 'wavering supporters' that PNE are indeed progressing under manager Simon Grayson and capable of playing winning football. from Phil Cunliffe BBC Radio Lancashire
This afternoon will be largely dry, with some spells of sunshine. Isolated showers may affect eastern parts of the region.
It will stay dry for most through the first part of the evening, but persistent rain will affect northern and eastern parts later in the night.
Lows tonight of 9C.
A tradesman lied to police when he said he had been injured while tackling a knife-wielding man dressed as a clown.Copyright: BBC
Simon Chinery, 28, of Blackburn, told the BBC his right hand had been left unusable after the attack on Sunday night, and said he feared he could no longer work as a joiner.
But Lancashire Police established he had instead hurt his hand while "falling on broken glass".
He has been issued with a penalty notice for wasting police time.
A statue of comedy duo Morecambe and Wise has been unveiled at a ceremony in Blackpool.
The pair performed in the resort more than 1,000 times in what has been described as their "spiritual home".
Eric's wife, Joan, and son, Gary, unveiled the £75,000, 8ft (2.4m) bronze statue.
- A 25-year-old man is arrested on suspicion of rape after a woman was assaulted in Colne
- Two people are cut free from a car after a crash in Euxton
- A statue of comedy legends Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise is unveiled at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool
Two people have been cut free from their car after a crash in Euxton.Copyright: Google
The accident happened in the early hours of this morning on Dawbers Lane.
Tyson Fury's suspension from boxing could be a "blessing in disguise", his uncle and trainer Peter Fury says.
Fury, 28, had his licence to fight temporarily revoked the day after he gave up his world heavyweight titles to focus on his recovery from mental health problems.
Peter Fury said his nephew is being treated for "a form of manic depression".
"He now acknowledges that there is an issue. That's the start to recovery," Peter Fury told BBC Sport.
Fly-tippers have struck again at a dumping blackspot in Fleetwood.
A new statue of Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise will be unveiled in Blackpool this morning.
The seaside town has been described as the duo's "spiritual home", where they performed more than 1,000 times during their career.
But who were Eric and Ernie?Copyright: BBC
- John Eric Bartholomew was born in Morecambe in 1925, later changing his name to his stage name Eric Morecambe
- Ernie Wise was born Ernest Wiseman in Bramley in 1925
- The legendary comedy partnership began in 1941 when they participated in Jack Hylton's revue show
- The Morecambe and Wise Show began on the BBC in 1968, before switching to ITV in 1978
- At the height of their success, more than 27m people watched the 1977 Christmas Special on BBC One
- A man is arrested on suspicion of rape after a woman was assaulted in her home in Colne
- Police are searching for a woman who stopped at the scene after a 70-year-old woman was hit by a van in Burnley
- A statue of legendary comic duo Morecambe and Wise will be unveiled in Blackpool this morning
Police are searching for woman who stopped at the scene after a 70-year-old was hit by a van as she crossed the road.Copyright: Google
The victim was struck by a Volkswagon Transporter van as she crossed Padiham Road at about 09:30 on Saturday.
She remains in a critical condition at the Royal Preston Hospital.
Lancashire Police want to speak to a woman who gave her name as Natalie shortly afterwards.
She left a phone number with officers, but attempts to trace her have so far failed, the force said.
BBC Radio Lancashire Sport
Accrington manager John Coleman says it is "surreal" his side are playing Blackpool in League Two tomorrow.
It is the first Football League meeting between the two sides - with Blackpool having suffered three relegations following their promotion to the Premier League in 2010.
A statue of legendary comic duo Morecambe and Wise will be unveiled in Blackpool this morning.
The eight-foot tall bronze statue cost £75,000 and has been funded by donations.