- Updates from Monday 1 August
- News, sport, weather and travel return from 08:00 on Tuesday
Rain will affect parts of Lancashire through the afternoon.
Heavy and prolonged showers could continue into the evening, although it will ease off later in the night to leave most places dry but rather cloudy.
A woman has been robbed by a gang of up to 15 teenagers in Morecambe.Copyright: Google
She was attacked in an alleyway in the Brunswick Road area, with police calling it a "horrible ordeal".
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of wounding after a 29-year-old man was stabbed in Preston on Sunday.Copyright: Google
A 32-year-old woman and two men aged 32 and 29, all from Preston, have been bailed until September.
The victim, who was stabbed in the stomach on Lea Road, is said to be stable.
- Rural crime in Lancashire cost the county £2.1m in the last year
- A 39-year-old woman is robbed in Morecambe by a gang of up to 15 teenagers
- A 30-day consultation is under way at Auto Windscreens in Fulwood where a number of jobs could be lost under a proposal to close the site
"A number of jobs" could be lost at Auto Windscreens in Preston as part of a review of the business, the firm has said.Copyright: Google
Staff at the windscreen replacement business have been told of a proposal to close the site in Fulwood.
A 30-day consultation is now under way although the company has declined to say how many jobs are at risk.
The start of Lancashire's final One-Day Cup game against Durham has been delayed due to rain at Old Trafford.
Two trains that travel through Lancaster have been listed among the top 10 overcrowded trains in a new survey.
The cost of rural crime in the UK has risen to £42m, according to NFU Mutual, with the theft of quad bikes, diesel and animals all contributing.Copyright: BBC
A survey revealed the cost of rural crime in Lancashire rose 18% to £2.1m last year.
Supt Julian Platt told BBC Radio Lancashire police are focusing on preventing incidents from happening in the first place.
Lancashire Fire Service's Air Support Unit provides another view of Sunday's demolition of Blackpool's only tower blocks.
The high-rise buildings have been removed as part of the regeneration of the Queens Park area.
Two other blocks on the same estate were dismantled earlier in the regeneration programme.
A man has appeared in court accused of causing the death of a father-of-four by dangerous driving.
- Copyright: Morecambe FC
- Three people are bailed after a man was stabbed in the stomach in Preston on Sunday
- A Blackpool man who has banned from travelling abroad appears in court after going on holiday to Spain
- The Lytham Music Festival opens today with Noel Gallagher among the headline acts in the week long event
Blackpool prom is closed southbound between Central Pier and Manchester Square because of a bus fire.
BBC Lancashire Sport
The Blackburn manager, Owen Coyle, is in talks with defender Gordon Greer over a possible move to Ewood Park.
Greer, who spent one season with Blackburn in 2001, has been training with Rovers following his release by Brighton.
"He's had an outstanding career and played at the highest level," said Coyle. "I've been pleased with his contribution so far."
The Lytham Festival, Lancashire's largest live music event, gets under way today.
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Bryan Adams are two of the acts due to play at the festival.
Three Lancashire cricketers will be released at the end of their current contracts.Copyright: Getty Images/Rex Features
Batsman Luis Reece, along with bowlers Gavin Griffiths and George Edwards, will leave Old Trafford at the end of their current deals.
Lancashire Evening Post
A recently-released convict who stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s new partner in a public act of blood-letting has failed in a bid to get his new 10-year jail term cut.
- Three people are arrested on suspicion of wounding after a man was stabbed in Preston on Sunday
- The cost of rural crime in Lancashire has risen by 18% up to £2.1m in the past year
- The boundary of the Yorkshire Dales National Park has been extended to include part of north Lancashire